HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 29, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #5,117 of 11,943
V3 sounds more like a monitoring headphones now, every details is in your face, bass at your ears, mids are very forward. V2 is more natural presentation, is like hearing a real life band yet detail enough to enjoy and critical listening.
Maybe we should all pick a few pieces of music so that we have a reference point of discussion.

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #5,119 of 11,943
https://tidal.com/track/182745601

Army Of The Dead OST (Richard Cheese & Allison Crowe - Viva Las Vegas)

This track you can hear the V3 so much happening and crowded. Almost in your head vocals. Tight band play experience.
Pretty sure Tidal isn't playing it best if you don't have account. The Spotify one sounds good, and wide...

Although i think prob best for people to try the track on whatever service they subscribe to... the links if you don't have an account kinda suck.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #5,120 of 11,943
Pretty sure Tidal isn't playing it best if you don't have account. The Spotify one sounds good, and wide...

Although i think prob best for people to try the track on whatever service they subscribe to... the links if you don't have an account kinda suck.

I'm in family account. MQA or not...sound the same.

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #5,121 of 11,943
Also, seems the smooth, flexible cloth cable they had at the Hifiman booth last weekend was in fact not the stock cable with the V3 :frowning2: Or at least not with the early ones they shipped out.

I don't know when this chap ordered his v3.... I ordered mine in August and had the same box we've seen so far (standard Arya box with additional stickers) and it included a decent looking cloth-covered cable - much better than the hollow plastic cable from my Sundara. I can't speak to its quality yet though as I haven't used it - it's too short for my needs so I've been using my 3m cable from Oidio.

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #5,122 of 11,943
I don't know when this chap ordered his v3.... I ordered mine in August and had the same box we've seen so far (standard Arya box with additional stickers) and it included a decent looking cloth-covered cable - much better than the hollow plastic cable from my Sundara. I can't speak to its quality yet though as I haven't used it - it's too short for my needs so I've been using my 3m cable from Oidio.
The cable I heard it with was a very soft and flexible cable, and it also seemed quite long. The cable that came with my Arya is still a cloth cable, but is very rough and holds shape easily. Maybe that's the same one you got? The other cable had a Neutrik 1/4" connector as well. I think the Hifiman rep may have been blowing smoke that that was the new stock cable...

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #5,123 of 11,943
The cable I heard it with was a very soft and flexible cable, and it also seemed quite long. The cable that came with my Arya is still a cloth cable, but is very rough and holds shape easily. Maybe that's the same one you got? The other cable had a Neutrik 1/4" connector as well. I think the Hifiman rep may have been blowing smoke that that was the new stock cable...

Looking at it now - yes, your actual cable sounds more like mine. I wouldn't describe it as very rough, but it's not definitely not very soft either and it's not as flexible as the Oidio (or OEM cloth covered cables I've used). The main part, before the splitter, is pretty firm. It's 1.5m long and the 1/4" connector is unbranded.

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #5,124 of 11,943
Looking at it now - yes, your actual cable sounds more like mine. I wouldn't describe it as very rough, but it's not definitely not very soft either and it's not as flexible as the Oidio (or OEM cloth covered cables I've used). The main part, before the splitter, is pretty firm. It's 1.5m long and the 1/4" connector is unbranded.
Yeah that’s the one. Now begins the quest to find out what that beautiful cable was they were using at CanJam…

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #5,126 of 11,943
Has anyone compared V1, V2, and V3 together? I have V1 and have never heard V2 or V3. How does V1’s soundstage compare with V2 and V3?
I've compared V1 and V2 side by side. My personal preference was the V1. To my ears, V1 had a better bass quality.. had more rumble and a more appealing treble. The V2 sounded smoother up top and had a bit more bass roll-off while the mids sounded generally the same.. same with the soundstage. YMMV but I enjoyed the V1 over the V2, and bought myself a V1.

Note: My hearing isn't great.. I am able to pick up on 20-12khz and not much beyond that (and I'm only 33..). This may be a big factor in my preference.

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #5,127 of 11,943
I purchased the Arya new a couple of months ago (direct import from Hifiman through local agents) but the box does not indicate what version it is. All I know is that it is not V1 as it has cloth grilles. Is there any way to visually distinguish between V2 and V3?

Edit: Ordered in May 2021 and received it about 6 weeks later

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #5,128 of 11,943
I purchased the Arya new a couple of months ago (direct import from Hifiman through local agents) but the box does not indicate what version it is. All I know is that it is not V1 as it has cloth grilles. Is there any way to visually distinguish between V2 and V3?
look at/take photo of magnets on inner side, there you should see what edition it is.

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #5,129 of 11,943

Edit: Ordered in May 2021 and received it about 6 weeks later
I am all but sure you have V2. I purchased at the end of July/beginning of August and gave V2. Also, if the box doesn’t have a stealth magnet sticker on the front and the specs aren’t updated, you have a V2. Lastly, a while back a V2 was weighed against a V3. The V2 was right at the stated 403g while the V3 was significantly more.

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #5,130 of 11,943
look at/take photo of magnets on inner side, there you should see what edition it is.
I've attached a photo of the inner side. What should I be looking for?

Attachments

• Arya.jpg
    Arya.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back