HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #4,651 of 11,944
Hello,
is it safe to removes the cloth material on the grill?
I don't like it,
Thank you, 🙏

Screenshot_20210819-184649824 (1).jpg
The Arya had a revision where the material was added to tame the treble. You might find the treble a bit harsh if you remove it. I would research it properly first.

Aug 19, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #4,652 of 11,944
The Arya had a revision where the material was added to tame the treble. You might find the treble a bit harsh if you remove it. I would research it properly first.
Not sure if that’s the reason, if i can recall they use that same new cloth material on the ananda and he1000v2 and SE, i could be wrong tho, sometimes company’s do things to improve a product and sometimes it’s just to cut costs, maybe we will never know in this case

Aug 19, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #4,653 of 11,944
Not sure if that’s the reason, if i can recall they use that same new cloth material on the ananda and he1000v2 and SE, i could be wrong tho, sometimes company’s do things to improve a product and sometimes it’s just to cut costs, maybe we will never know in this case
It was certainly one of the reasons, there may well have been other reasons. I can't recall all the details, it's been a long while since I researched it (during my Arya purchase decision evaluation research). Edit: I think the biggest mystery is why HiFiMan didn't place the cloth material on the earpad side for ease of access.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #4,654 of 11,944
Hello,
is it safe to removes the cloth material on the grill?
I don't like it,
Thank you, 🙏

Screenshot_20210819-184649824 (1).jpg
No, it's neither safe, nor practical. First, you can't remove the cloth without damaging the headphone and losing your warranty. And this cloth also protects the sensitive membrane from dust. Any dust is detrimental for planar magnetic and electrostatic membranes.

Aug 19, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #4,655 of 11,944
Do keep us posted on whether you like the a90 with Arya. That'll answer a lot of people's questions...
The way I look at it, is if I am going to have a class D ss no matter what it really isn't a matter if I will like the A90 with the Arya. Rather it is just, will I like the Arya ? ;p Also use the xlr out for my pre-amp to my speaker amp.

No, it's neither safe, nor practical. First, you can't remove the cloth without damaging the headphone and losing your warranty. And this cloth also protects the sensitive membrane from dust. Any dust is detrimental for planar magnetic and electrostatic membranes.
Source ?

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #4,656 of 11,944
I still say remain open minded about the Arya and A90 synergy. I get that there is negative sentiment towards this synergy (or lack thereof) but I would only believe it once I heard it myself. The DAC is a key ingredient in that chain.

Aug 19, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #4,657 of 11,944
I thought about trying a different amp after some guys suggested the A90 is no good pairing with the Arya a few pages before in the this threat, and maybe they are right. The suggestion in "my" pricerange was the Singxer SA1 but I`m not sure if this would be just a side-movement. The thing is: Before I was told the A90 is no good, I really had no complains about it and the Arya is by far my most favourite headphone, regardless of the amp. I think the A90 is just good enough (for me) and spending money on another ~500€ amp would probably be a waste of money. So, I`ve put my money into a another nice headphone instead; Something completely different to the Arya...

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #4,658 of 11,944
The way I look at it, is if I am going to have a class D ss no matter what it really isn't a matter if I will like the A90 with the Arya. Rather it is just, will I like the Arya ? ;p Also use the xlr out for my pre-amp to my speaker amp.
I asked that bc I had the a90 with Arya also but felt that it wasn't the best match, however everyone's different and you may like it. It didn't sound as natural w/ Arya as with other class AB amps that I tried at the time. I eventually went class A relatively cheaply by shopping used and still had preamp outs for my speakers. Took patience but I wound up with a better setup in the end, IMO.

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #4,659 of 11,944
I've had the A90/D90 + Arya V2 for just over a year now. I still enjoy it, but the whole reason I went with this setup was for detail. I think I'm just fortunate that my taste in music hasn't subjected me to hating the pairing. But dont get me wrong, there have been tracks that have been murder to my ears, but I think I can count those instances on one hand.

I still plan on venturing into warmer territory based on recommendations in this thread (jot2, singxer, lyr 3, bakoon 13r 👀) mainly for more natural reproduction of instruments.

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #4,660 of 11,944
I asked that bc I had the a90 with Arya also but felt that it wasn't the best match, however everyone's different and you may like it. It didn't sound as natural w/ Arya as with other class AB amps that I tried at the time. I eventually went class A relatively cheaply by shopping used and still had preamp outs for my speakers. Took patience but I wound up with a better setup in the end, IMO.

That Gustard H20 in your sig ? Looks pretty cool how much did you pay used ? I buy everything used, TOTL is way over priced.

Aug 19, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #4,661 of 11,944
I've had the A90/D90 + Arya V2 for just over a year now. I still enjoy it, but the whole reason I went with this setup was for detail. I think I'm just fortunate that my taste in music hasn't subjected me to hating the pairing. But dont get me wrong, there have been tracks that have been murder to my ears, but I think I can count those instances on one hand.

I still plan on venturing into warmer territory based on recommendations in this thread (jot2, singxer, lyr 3, bakoon 13r 👀) mainly for more natural reproduction of instruments.
I wish more people will describe the amp/DAC pairing of the Arya like you just did, instead of trying to shove their preference down peoples throat. At the end of the day, sound is very subjective and everyone has different preferences. No disrespect , just MHO.

Aug 19, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #4,662 of 11,944
That Gustard H20 in your sig ? Looks pretty cool how much did you pay used ? I buy everything used, TOTL is way over priced.
$475 plus shipping. Less than $500 total. I also bought Sparkos ss3602 discrete opamps to try. I mainly fit the Sparkos but sometimes I rotate in opa2134s for a change of pace. Fits my needs pretty well, is transparent and natural but not annoyingly bright or harsh. I think I like Gustard's amps. The h16 seems good too. I'd try it if I didn't have the h20.

Aug 19, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #4,663 of 11,944
$475 plus shipping. Less than $500 total. I also bought Sparkos ss3602 discrete opamps to try. I mainly fit the Sparkos but sometimes I rotate in opa2134s for a change of pace. Fits my needs pretty well, is transparent and natural but not annoyingly bright or harsh. I think I like Gustard's amps. The h16 seems good too. I'd try it if I didn't have the h20.
The person I bought it from wound up buying a Topping a90 for his hd800s'. I didn't say anything regarding SQ or synergy choices, not my place.

Aug 19, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #4,664 of 11,944
Is the H16 class A ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back