HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #4,636 of 11,944
Personally I would start with the DAC section but I have a love for DACs so my view would be a biased in that regard. Have you ever heard the Topping A90 amp? It's a brilliant and (and very well priced) - it gives the Master 9 a good run for its money. Edit: You may be better off looking at a good DAC/amp AIO perhaps, something like the Audio-GD R28 is superb (and has an excellent DAC section). However, as always in this game, it depends heavily on budget.
For what is worth, Joshua Valour likes the A90/Arya combo. If you watch few of his reviews, you will know if you have the same taste as he has on headphones (Or close to it). For example, Joshua likes the Final Audio B3 for the same reason I like them, so when it comes to IEMs, his opinion migh have more weight for me than others. With so many amplifiers at different price ranges, and for some uf us not having the option to audition some (sometimes none) of them, making a decision could be really hard. Hope this help.

Aug 17, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #4,637 of 11,944
I have an arya arriving tomorrow hopefully and its gonna be running with an A90. Already got my oratory1990 EQ preset punched in. I'll see whats the deal stock first though, so dont you fret now. ;p

I keep reading similar class d amp comparisons sounding basically the same to some. While others say they can hear a difference and IMO its probably too small of a difference for me to care about. Which works for me because I don't want tubes or a hot SS.

Aug 17, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #4,638 of 11,944
I have an arya arriving tomorrow hopefully and its gonna be running with an A90. Already got my oratory1990 EQ preset punched in. I'll see whats the deal stock first though, so dont you fret now. ;p

I keep reading similar class d amp comparisons sounding basically the same to some. While others say they can hear a difference and IMO its probably too small of a difference for me to care about. Which works for me because I don't want tubes or a hot SS.
The RebelAmp might be interesting if you ever decide you want a little different flavor of SS amp without the heat usually associated with class A amps. I love the soundstage it has, and the sweetness of the midrange and warm bass plays really well with the Hifiman sound to my ears.

At any rate, enjoy and let us know your thoughts!

Aug 18, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #4,640 of 11,944
The problem with Arya + A90 is they are both neutral-bright and analytical. That's too much in one direction. Better IMO to pair Arya with something slightly warm & euphonic to balance out its natural bright & analytical nature. I recently switched from A90 to a Schiit Lyr 3 and have zero regrets.

Aug 18, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #4,641 of 11,944
For what is worth, Joshua Valour likes the A90/Arya combo. If you watch few of his reviews, you will know if you have the same taste as he has on headphones (Or close to it). For example, Joshua likes the Final Audio B3 for the same reason I like them, so when it comes to IEMs, his opinion migh have more weight for me than others. With so many amplifiers at different price ranges, and for some uf us not having the option to audition some (sometimes none) of them, making a decision could be really hard. Hope this help.
Valour likes an analytical sound if you ask me, he can appreciate some of the smoother options but it seems like he prefers detail…i on the other hand like smooth, and not gooey tubey smooth but rather class a smooth you know, it’s all about preference.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #4,642 of 11,944
Valour likes a analytical sound if you ask me, he can appreciate some of the smoother options but it seems like he prefers detail…i on the other hand like smooth, and not gooey tubey smooth but rather class a smooth you know, it’s all about preference.
Yeah, analytical is definitely his jam. I can't believe he pushes the DT1990 so hard...that thing really hurts my brain.

Aug 18, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #4,643 of 11,944
Yeah, analytical is definitely his jam. I can't believe he pushes the DT1990 so hard...that thing really hurts my brain.
Ohh man i bought the 1990 thanks to zeos, who’s only right when he wants to be lol he’s caught way too deep into the business side of things these days to be taken seriously as a reviewer, but yea, returned them ASAP! Who ever can bare those highs are inhuman lol

Aug 18, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #4,645 of 11,944

Do keep us posted on whether you like the a90 with Arya. That'll answer a lot of people's questions...

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #4,646 of 11,944
Listening Classical and Jazz is a pleasure. However, on a few vocal songs, I feel the voice a little muffled in the center, with no air. Or is it just the Arya exposing the recording weaknesses?
I don't hear Arya as having muffled anything. I sometimes feel that the center vocals can be a little distant but then the chorus or supporting vocals come in and I realize that things are placed properly after all. The Arya can be wide and distant, but intimate also if the recording calls for it. Chameleon like, IMO.

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #4,647 of 11,944
The FUN is rated at 3500mW/25 ohm and 900mW/100 ohm. The sound is in the warm side. However, I've always though that maybe the microdetail retrieving was not the best and the soundstage delivery can be better too.

What of the two would you recommend better?
I bought a discrete-ish class A amp (Gustard h20, upgraded opamps, used) and it pairs well with the Arya. It is neutral but not sterile (has some warmth), has punchy bass, and has great tonality and soundstaging. Class A discrete is my vote, used is good too.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #4,649 of 11,944
Aug 19, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #4,650 of 11,944
Hello,
is it safe to removes the cloth material on the grill?
I don't like it,
Thank you, 🙏

Screenshot_20210819-184649824 (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back