HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 17, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #2,266 of 11,942
@bagwell359 ...I'm making a jump to Arya after somewhat careful consideration. I'm hoping to compare it with my Ananda. Open box, $1199, warranty. Wish me well. Your thoughts?

Well due in part to a paucity of cans at $700, the Ananda is a good choice for many. But I do find the mid/low highs to grate, and somehow the overtones in music to be scrubbed. Bass has that early HFM long cup disease of lacking impact though it goes down to 10 Hz.

The Arya which I have only heard for 2 hours is a much better can. Its like a somewhat lesser cross between the HE6se and the HEK v2 with a nasty spike at 5-6 kHz. Like my HE-500, HE6se, and HEX v2 its more than rugged enough for EQ. If the Ananda owns the $700 area, the Arya wipes everything at $1199.

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #2,267 of 11,942
So you ordered an Open Arya? from where? did you get it yet? Im looking forward to your comparison between the Arya and Ananda
Hi-fi.Heaven Ebay store, Green Bay, Wis. USA. Arrives next Mon or Tues. Cross country, I live in NC. I only hope there's no problems w/ USPS. I don't know if they have any more but I've been searching around for a while. Headphones.com, Audigon, Amazon, etc. I kind of feel like a child waiting on Christmas:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #2,268 of 11,942
Well due in part to a paucity of cans at $700, the Ananda is a good choice for many. But I do find the mid/low highs to grate, and somehow the overtones in music to be scrubbed. Bass has that early HFM long cup disease of lacking impact though it goes down to 10 Hz.

The Arya which I have only heard for 2 hours is a much better can. Its like a somewhat lesser cross between the HE6se and the HEK v2 with a nasty spike at 5-6 kHz. Like my HE-500, HE6se, and HEX v2 its more than rugged enough for EQ. If the Ananda owns the $700 area, the Arya wipes everything at $1199.
I reached out to you on another forum not too long ago. Glad to hear from you. I'm stoked but trying to practice patience til it gets here. Cross country, USPS.

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #2,269 of 11,942
I don't have any local retailer here that sell these high end headphones, not alone Hifiman products.
I let my fingers do the walking...not many dealers here either. I believe in warranty protection if I shop online, especially at this price...safety first.

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #2,270 of 11,942
Google search on: hifiman arya open box

gets about 9 hits at $1199, but only 3 have them in stock. Audio64 shows a $1359 price.

I've been studying Hifiman prices for about 3.5 years, we are close to seeing a drop in retail of the Arya. If they have the nerve to drop the Ananda to $599 and Arya to $999, they are going too wound a lot of the competition.

Aug 17, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #2,271 of 11,942
Google search on: hifiman arya open box

gets about 9 hits at $1199, but only 3 have them in stock. Audio64 shows a $1359 price.

I've been studying Hifiman prices for about 3.5 years, we are close to seeing a drop in retail of the Arya. If they have the nerve to drop the Ananda to $599 and Arya to $999, they are going too wound a lot of the competition.
Agreed, from a laymen's perspective...

Aug 18, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #2,272 of 11,942
Just wanted to chime in, got myself a brand new Arya after trying it out at a headphone store. My unit had insanely sharp trebles, where it was hurting my ears at even half my normal listening volume. Burned it in for roughly 42 hours, playing my music collection at roughly 10% over my max comfortable volume. Seemed to have helped, still a tad bit too bright, but at least I can enjoy music with it now. Hopefully it goes away either by more burn in or my brain adapting to it

Wait, you said you can buy a brand new Arya for 1300 ish now? How? All I see is $1599 everywhere.
I'm in Taiwan, the cheapest I found it online was $1200 including shipping. I got it for $1300 at a local store as warranty repair was simpler.

Aug 18, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #2,273 of 11,942
I’d made the decision to buy an Arya today only to discovered that my dealer only had a 2018 stamped Arya available.

I know of the update and hesitated. It doesn’t seem definitive which is ‘better’. Should I wait for new stock made this year or just buy the V1? Does it really matter that much?

Someone else told me the V1 is rare and to buy it. They had a V1 demo in store which sounded good to me, hence my deciding to buy, but I would be happy to wait for V2 stock if that is considered the wisest move.

I’m unsure what month they began the V2, so it’d be very helpful if someone could answer that for me also.

Thanks.

Aug 18, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #2,274 of 11,942
Just wanted to chime in, got myself a brand new Arya after trying it out at a headphone store. My unit had insanely sharp trebles, where it was hurting my ears at even half my normal listening volume. Burned it in for roughly 42 hours, playing my music collection at roughly 10% over my max comfortable volume. Seemed to have helped, still a tad bit too bright, but at least I can enjoy music with it now. Hopefully it goes away either by more burn in or my brain adapting to it

I'm in Taiwan, the cheapest I found it online was $1200 including shipping. I got it for $1300 at a local store as warranty repair was simpler.

Yea, im in Califronia so can't buy that from there.

Aug 18, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #2,275 of 11,942
I’d made the decision to buy an Arya today only to discovered that my dealer only had a 2018 stamped Arya available.

I know of the update and hesitated. It doesn’t seem definitive which is ‘better’. Should I wait for new stock made this year or just buy the V1? Does it really matter that much?

Someone else told me the V1 is rare and to buy it. They had a V1 demo in store which sounded good to me, hence my deciding to buy, but I would be happy to wait for V2 stock if that is considered the wisest move.

I’m unsure what month they began the V2, so it’d be very helpful if someone could answer that for me also.

Thanks.
soundwise v1 is more brighter and transparent than v2. v2 is more warm with less female vocal sibilance.

Quality wise due to the implementation of the new dust cover. v2 will block out more dust from enter the driver. So I suspect v2 will have a longer life span.

I will get the v2 if I were you. But if your music preference is orchestral music mianly, v1 works better.

Aug 18, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #2,276 of 11,942

What kind of music do you mostly listen to?

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #2,277 of 11,942
guys iam confused I have arya v2 and topping A90/D90 and recently I got the balanced cable it obviously enhanced the sound and dynamics very noticeably but the thing which confused me is that I raise the volume at max in the high gain and it is not bothering me and I feel I Can handle more volume increasing. I though with this amp/dac combo and xlr I will not even reach the half of the volume in the high gain. this is the cable that I have https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=80. just had the cable for 1 h now. is there something wrong or my expectations were just wrong???

Edit: the loudness is enough for me and good. I meant by my comment is that the loudness is not severe to make me wanna turn the volume down which confused me because from many reviews I saw is my amp is really powerful and drive arya so easly and from that I though i will not even put it in high gain but in my experience arya is more enjoyable in high gain in 3 o'clock and above

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #2,278 of 11,942

My new Aryas were painful out of the box for sure. It was more noticeable on the left than right. I've had them maybe 3 weeks now and they are definitely less bright, but there are still instances where I find myself quickly reaching for the volume knob.

On a side note, I don't know if it is just the music I listen to where very bright sounds seem to be mostly coming from the left channel. I wonder if one driver is outputting more volume

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #2,279 of 11,942
What kind of music do you mostly listen to?
All type except rap and metal. Lately been listening more techno pop, orchestra, and lo fi beats. If I were to choose a track my ears were bleeding the most, it'd be Transistor - The Spine.

Btw, how do you tell if you got the V1 or V2? I'll dig through the thread a bit, but anyone know of the top of their head or can link me a past comment? Thank you!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #2,280 of 11,942
All type except rap and metal. Lately been listening more techno pop, orchestra, and lo fi beats. If I were to choose a track my ears were bleeding the most, it'd be Transistor - The Spine.

Btw, how do you tell if you got the V1 or V2? I'll dig through the thread a bit, but anyone know of the top of their head or can link me a past comment? Thank you!

I'll check out that track.

As for the V2 identification, it is easy. Look at the box your Aryas came in and put your Aryas along side it. Notice how the box image has a mesh over the magnets? If yours is black foam and not mesh, it is a V2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back