HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 24, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #2,056 of 11,915
Did a broader 2K bump try this calibration my new favorite!!!

Try both, I prefer the one I labelled as best.

Attachments

• HiFiMAN Arya v5.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
  • HiFiMAN Arya (Best Config).zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #2,057 of 11,915
Guys iam planning to buy new amp and change my shiit stack and I Did some research and found a lot of people have positive feedbacks in thx789 then I planned to buy it. I saw the delivery date for it which is 3 months from now so I said no no and then found the thx887 which is the same amp but more expensive and it is ok for me because it will deliver to me much faster. my question what do u think about it? is it really very good amp for arya and make it clearer and improve the sound stage?most important thing will it get rid of some harsh highs that I have with my shiit stack? becasue with shiit I can't listen to the headphone in high volume ......

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #2,058 of 11,915
Guys iam planning to buy new amp and change my shiit stack and I Did some research and found a lot of people have positive feedbacks in thx789 then I planned to buy it. I saw the delivery date for it which is 3 months from now so I said no no and then found the thx887 which is the same amp but more expensive and it is ok for me because it will deliver to me much faster. my question what do u think about it? is it really very good amp for arya and make it clearer and improve the sound stage?most important thing will it get rid of some harsh highs that I have with my shiit stack? becasue with shiit I can't listen to the headphone in high volume ......

My aryas and topping A90 wont be here till next week, but I went with the A90 vs the Monoprice THX 887 / SMSL THX 888 because I read that it was warmer.
Soundnews A90 Review (search comments for "arya" and "warmer")

ASR: 887 vs A90

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #2,059 of 11,915
Jul 27, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #2,060 of 11,915
My aryas and topping A90 wont be here till next week, but I went with the A90 vs the Monoprice THX 887 / SMSL THX 888 because I read that it was warmer.
Soundnews A90 Review (search comments for "arya" and "warmer")

ASR: 887 vs A90
thank you for your suggestion I think A90 really is a good amp and suite me more than thx. I would prefer to buy 789 for 300 but the problem waiting time it is 3 months deal breaker. thx887 with shipping will cost me 550$ and A90 will cost me less include shipping. so iam gonna buy A90.

Guys Iam still suffering from this strong clamp force I just used it for one week now and still it cause headache for me I can't wear it for 1 h sometimes even less than that. Iam thinking about return it what do u think is this clamping will be better If I start to stretch the head band in books? because I started today doing that and the headphone start to have the squeeck sound in left cup what some people have lol. before that there is no squeek. I want to know ur experience with this problem(clamping force) If u had it in the beginning or not and If u have it how u solve it? and my head is average in size .

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #2,061 of 11,915
Guys Iam still suffering from this strong clamp force I just used it for one week now and still it cause headache for me I can't wear it for 1 h sometimes even less than that. Iam thinking about return it what do u think is this clamping will be better If I start to stretch the head band in books? because I started today doing that and the headphone start to have the squeeck sound in left cup what some people have lol. before that there is no squeek. I want to know ur experience with this problem(clamping force) If u had it in the beginning or not and If u have it how u solve it? and my head is average in size .
Likewise, the pads of my replacement Arya v2 are still considerably firmer than the worn-in pads of the Arya v1's that they replaced. I was able to wear my old Arya v1's for the entire day without an issue due to the softness of those pads. My secondhand Arya v1's had a little squeak in the hinges too when rotating the ear cups, but that issue is non-existent when the cans are being worn. Maybe stretching the headband and pads using books may help. With planars, I would make sure that there is an air gap somewhere to avoid any rapid changes in air pressure that may harm the diaphragm. Typically, this issue is more for leather pads that may form tight seals (see Audeze), so it may not apply to the Arya due to their more fabric/pleather hybrid pads.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #2,062 of 11,915
Does anyone have a headphone stand for the Arya that you really like? Seems like every one I see on Amazon or elsewhere is either flimsy, has a finish that will stick to the headphones, or is way overpriced. I really like the look and design of the ROOMs audio FS, but I can only find it in Europe. Total price shipped to the U.S is well over $100 usd, so I'm looking for other alternatives.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #2,063 of 11,915
Does anyone have a headphone stand for the Arya that you really like? Seems like every one I see on Amazon or elsewhere is either flimsy, has a finish that will stick to the headphones, or is way overpriced. I really like the look and design of the ROOMs audio FS, but I can only find it in Europe. Total price shipped to the U.S is well over $100 usd, so I'm looking for other alternatives.

I use the Audioquest one and like it, but I do this tip and recommend it with these headphones:

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #2,064 of 11,915
Depends on what you think expensive is. The Woo Audio one is really nice and sturdy, $99
https://wooaudio.com/accessories/hps

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #2,065 of 11,915
I use Room's for the HD 800 and the Dual Woo Audio for the HEK SE. Would swap the headphones without regret. These are the best stands you can buy.

There's nothing worse than those clamping stands that put pressure on the pads and also not allow for air to dry any form of moisture. Second worst are all these stands with a thin bar where the headband rests.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #2,066 of 11,915

Attachments

• IMG_20200722_205301.jpg
    IMG_20200722_205301.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 27, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #2,067 of 11,915
I wish there were more cable management features incorporated into stands. I typically leave cables on the HP and finding a way to neatly secure/store the cables can be a real pain.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #2,068 of 11,915
MiniDSP EARS can be both a stand and a measurement rig :beyersmile:

Jul 28, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #2,069 of 11,915
Likewise, the pads of my replacement Arya v2 are still considerably firmer than the worn-in pads of the Arya v1's that they replaced. I was able to wear my old Arya v1's for the entire day without an issue due to the softness of those pads. My secondhand Arya v1's had a little squeak in the hinges too when rotating the ear cups, but that issue is non-existent when the cans are being worn. Maybe stretching the headband and pads using books may help. With planars, I would make sure that there is an air gap somewhere to avoid any rapid changes in air pressure that may harm the diaphragm. Typically, this issue is more for leather pads that may form tight seals (see Audeze), so it may not apply to the Arya due to their more fabric/pleather hybrid pads.
how much time can u wear the new headphone now? and do u feel it is really tight like squeezing ur head in compare to ur previous one ?

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #2,070 of 11,915
Hey all, sorry if its been discussed before. I am looking for a replacement to my LCD-X's as I use them for music production and they are just WAY too heavy to wear for more than 30 minutes at a time, even with a replacement strap that is supposed to help. How are the bass on these compared to the X's? I like to EQ my bass as I'm quite the basshead. I love my LCD's sound perfectly but can't get over the weight! Or does anyone have any different suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back