HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #661 of 11,880
Maybe it's something to do with the different magnet not the diagram, the diagram should be same in all 3. The transient is faster than V1 or V2(these 2 sounds 99% identical to me).

Which more or less got shot down by the Hifiman rep the other day though...

Mar 12, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #662 of 11,880
Mar 12, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #663 of 11,880
Mar 12, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #664 of 11,880
I'm really glad that the reviewer mentioned that he'd like HiFiMAN to slow down a bit and let their current headphones shine. Maybe it's online reviews like his that can, hopefully, get HiFiMAN back on the right page with it's consumers.

Mar 12, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #665 of 11,880
Which more or less got shot down by the Hifiman rep the other day though...
I mean maybe the magnetic flux not the shape of the magnet, the shapes are the same. I just can't think of any other way they can tune the sound of the same driver differently, or maybe just the cable. The hek has different connectors so I never tried cable swaping between the two, but I guess it's not just the cable or it would just be stupid for them to do so.

Mar 13, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #666 of 11,880
Can anyone weigh in with a comparison between the Arya and the Audeze MX4? Seems like there has been even less press on the latter, despite being on the market for longer.

Really what I am looking for is the best resolution in a reasonably neutral headphone under 2k without going electrostatic.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #667 of 11,880
Can anyone weigh in with a comparison between the Arya and the Audeze MX4? Seems like there has been even less press on the latter, despite being on the market for longer.

Really what I am looking for is the best resolution in a reasonably neutral headphone under 2k without going electrostatic.
Yup. Mx4 is heavy like crazy despite the publicity talking points. Mx4 is smoother all together, TOTALLY inoffensive in a good way. Incredibly thick sounding and more natural. Incredible bass, more present than in Arya.
Arya has more soundstage by far, more air more treble. But both are very smooth cans.
The built on the MX4 is impeccable, a work of art.
Arya has a lot more separation.
Arya gives more colour to the music but is not as natural in tone.
Overall Arya wins because you can actually listen for hours whereas the weight of the Audeze will kill you.
Arya is more detailed also !!!

Mar 14, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #668 of 11,880
Yup. Mx4 is heavy like crazy despite the publicity talking points. Mx4 is smoother all together, TOTALLY inoffensive in a good way. Incredibly thick sounding and more natural. Incredible bass, more present than in Arya.
Arya has more soundstage by far, more air more treble. But both are very smooth cans.
Overall Arya wins because you can actually listen for hours whereas the weight of the Audeze will kill you.
With a slightly different perception, I find Arya all the more transparent than MX4. MX4 was euphonic, treble was laid back and way too smooth to be realistic.

Arya, unforgiving and natural, controlled and precise.

Different perception, but Arya still wins :D

Mar 14, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #669 of 11,880
With a slightly different perception, I find Arya all the more transparent than MX4. MX4 was euphonic, treble was laid back and way too smooth to be realistic.

I actually agree that Arya is more transparent. No doubt. And MX4 too smooth on the treble.
I agree !

Mar 14, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #670 of 11,880
You guys are killing me (my wallet, anyway)...

How would the Arya compare to the ZMF Eikon or MrSpeakers Ether C (I have the MD x MrSpeakers CX, but I figure almost no one has that so I use the C as reference instead)...?

Yes, I do realize I am asking for an open HP compare to two closed... :). For giggles, what about a compare against the Elex or Sundara (the two opens that I have)

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #671 of 11,880

Yeah heard the MX4 and it didn't sound like an improvement over my LCD X, nothing special for the price. The X does compare favorably to my HEX though.

Mar 14, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #672 of 11,880
The X does compare favorably to my HEX though.
For me, the X is about 2 leagues above the HEX in terms of SQ, and 5 leagues above in terms of build quality. Only the price was similar when they both came out.

I would rather compare the X to HE-6 in terms of sound quality. That would be a harder choice for me. Though build quality is still way below the X.

Mar 14, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #673 of 11,880
My HEXV2 is arriving tomorrow. I went for this as after reading the thread I think the HEXV2 is the closest to my sound preference from HiFiMan offerings under $2000. I like my bass and I like a smooth and laid back sound. I can't wait to see how the HEXV2 compares to my very much liked LCD2C.
Also, even after reading the thread I keep wondering how much of an improvement the Arya is to the HEXV2 apart from more resolve and details?

Reading/watching a lot of reviews I have got the impression that the difference between HEXV2, HE1000, HE1000V2, Ananda and Arya is actually not that huge. A lot of reviewers prefers one to another regardless price.

Btw I can't find an existing HEXV2 thread, is there any?

Mar 14, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #674 of 11,880

Yeah heard the MX4 and it didn't sound like an improvement over my LCD X, nothing special for the price. The X does compare favorably to my HEX though.

Sounds like the Arya is the way to go for me, especially since I already have the LCD-X. I don't really want to buy a slightly (if at all) improved version of that. What I would love is an improved version of either the HE560 or the EL-8 Ti. Arya seems to fit that bill.

Thanks for the info, everyone!

Mar 14, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #675 of 11,880
My HEXV2 is arriving tomorrow. I went for this as after reading the thread I think the HEXV2 is the closest to my sound preference from HiFiMan offerings under $2000. I like my bass and I like a smooth and laid back sound. I can't wait to see how the HEXV2 compares to my very much liked LCD2C.
Also, even after reading the thread I keep wondering how much of an improvement the Arya is to the HEXV2 apart from more resolve and details?

Reading/watching a lot of reviews I have got the impression that the difference between HEXV2, HE1000, HE1000V2, Ananda and Arya is actually not that huge. A lot of reviewers prefers one to another regardless price.

Btw I can't find an existing HEXV2 thread, is there any?
HEXV2 thread is in the Summit Fi section lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back