HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #1,396 of 11,873
It seems that an Arya would not be a direct upgrade to my HEXv2 for mostly rock/electronic music, correct?

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #1,397 of 11,873
HIFIMAN has Arya open box for $1099 FYI; also amazingly HE-5 (no SE) for $230....??
Thanks for the post. You got there a few hours before I did and a lot of the stuff is gone already as the Arya and HEX sales are gone. Let's hope HFM has more sales, which I'm sure they will. Seems like the only thing left was the HE5, which I didn't buy because I already have the HE5se.

Dec 2, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #1,398 of 11,873
Thanks for the post. You got there a few hours before I did and a lot of the stuff is gone already as the Arya and HEX sales are gone. Let's hope HFM has more sales, which I'm sure they will. Seems like the only thing left was the HE5, which I didn't buy because I already have the HE5se.

HE5 or HE-5LE are even further apart from the HE-5SE than the HE-6 and HE-6SE from each other. The HE6SE is a brilliant but problematical can, the 5SE is IMO bloodless - lacking in bass under 70 Hz and having a hot treble with a staggering lack of heart and insight in the mids - and not at all like the two old HE5 cans. The Sundara clobbers the 5SE.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #1,399 of 11,873
HE5 or HE-5LE are even further apart from the HE-5SE than the HE-6 and HE-6SE from each other. The HE6SE is a brilliant but problematical can, the 5SE is IMO bloodless - lacking in bass under 70 Hz and having a hot treble with a staggering lack of heart and insight in the mids - and not at all like the two old HE5 cans. The Sundara clobbers the 5SE.
So the 5SE is basically a Sendy Aiva.

Dec 2, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #1,400 of 11,873
So the 5SE is basically a Sendy Aiva.

From what I hear, that's apt. I changed pads, cables, screen off... you get this pretty good, pretty detailed first part of the note, and even despite the bright highs, harmonics seemed very clipped off. Strange sound to me.

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #1,402 of 11,873
Guys what is fair price from second hand? I can buy them for 1200euros but...

Arya not getting many deals yet. If everything is solid on it, and you must have it, it's an OK price. I'm going to buy one but I'm going to wait a year - $1099 new, $700 used range by then.

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #1,403 of 11,873
It’s funny because we used to kid on Hifiman for putting out so many new models and new revisions, but lately like a year, almost no new HP’s. The Ananda BT is the latest they have put out and the HP that is based on was an existing model.

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #1,404 of 11,873
It’s funny because we used to kid on Hifiman for putting out so many new models and new revisions, but lately like a year, almost no new HP’s. The Ananda BT is the latest they have put out and the HP that is based on was an existing model.

Pause before the storm. I think the 400i, Sundara, Ananda, Arya, HEKSE - will continue, perhaps with a v2 or three tossed in. They will continue with the ultra high end stuff too. The question is will they cut the list of the Ananda and Arya, and add a new model between the Arya and HEKSE?

My guess is: Ananda at $699, Arya $1099, "Alicia" $1799, HEKSE $2499, "new HEK" $3199; and viola a new HE6SE v2 - original list $1299, mostly selling at $850, going down to $699 at end, Ananda going to $599 at that point.

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,405 of 11,873
I agree with your positive comments on the Arya. But for big and meaty bass - I'd go HE-6, HE6SE, and even the HE-500.over the Ananda.

Good point, I thought that HE6SE doesn't enter the convo because it is so power hugry, but I agree, it has a magical bass. I haven't heard the HE-500, so can't comment on that one...

does anyone have experience with audeze LCD MX4 in comparison to arya?

I did, what are you looking for? Very different signatures, the treble is best on Arya, bass is much thicker and more punchy on MX-4, but quicker on Arya. MX-4 is low impedance, and Arya is high impedance, they each sound like they are this.

I heard them plus the LCD4 at a meet about 3 weeks ago. I liked the 4 more than the MX4. I liked the Arya more than I expected, and dollar for dollar more than the MX4. It was probably the treble that did it.

Yep, the treble does it in this comparison :)

How about Arya vs used HEK V2 purely based on SQ?

I have at least two friends in Romania who did the upgrade after hearing my Arya, they basically had HEK V2 for a while, then decied to see how it compares to Arya, then they ordered Arya... :)

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #1,406 of 11,873
G

I have at least two friends in Romania who did the upgrade after hearing my Arya, they basically had HEK V2 for a while, then decied to see how it compares to Arya, then they ordered Arya... :)

A fellow here told me he rewired the internal wires of the HEX v2 and it got much better. He said the stock wires were some tiny ga. like 30. I'll be looking into that within the month. He PM'd me so I'm low on details. I hope it works, I have to get some high end cans outside the HFM collection!

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #1,407 of 11,873
I did, what are you looking for? Very different signatures, the treble is best on Arya, bass is much thicker and more punchy on MX-4, but quicker on Arya. MX-4 is low impedance, and Arya is high impedance, they each sound like they are this.

while i get the thicker more punchy sound description; and i get the improvements in treble. I also understand the difference between low impedence and high sensitivity vs High impedence and low sensitivity; that's just simply variations of Ohm's law; i also have read plenty of times that high impedence headphones sometime sounds great with tubes. But what in your opinion does it mean to sound like high or low impedence. Does that cause a distinct sound in of itself that is separated from intentional tuning from the manufacturer and differences between planer and dynamic drivers?

thanks.

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #1,408 of 11,873

Good feedback, thank you!

Dec 6, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #1,409 of 11,873

Hi, do you mean the Hifiman Edition X V2 or the Hifiman HE1000 V2? From your writings it seems that your friends "upgraded" from a Hifiman HE1000 V2 to an Arya. Or did I miss some point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back