HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 29, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #11,626 of 11,901
Glad you are loving them. From the moment I sold my Arya Stealth about a month ago I've regretted it. I have done this way too many times with too many headphones, but I'm really considering buying them again.

I see that Hifiman store does have a V2 non-stealth refurb available. I'm really sensitive to treble though, I even found the Stealth too bright sometimes, so I'm not sure I could handle it.

Have you heard both by any chance?
I've only heard the Arya V2. They can definitely get bright but I'm only really noticing it in some pop music that's mixed far too bright as well. I didn't realize Hifiman was selling the refurb for that low cuz I would've grabbed it from them. I did get my pair even cheaper though so not complaining.

I love everything they do and the little amount of time they get hot I turn the volume down by a tick and it goes away. It does help that I'm running the Lyr in tube mode which helps smooth things out a bit but I am also using a relatively neutral tube. I think if it were to be any more bothersome I'd find a warm tube and see what happens.

For the price I'd give the V2 a try. If it doesn't work out the resale market will just about get you your money back and grab the stealth again

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #11,627 of 11,901
I too am in love with my v2, sometimes I make comparisons with the clear mg and in my opinion there is no difference.
The v2 is simply more natural, more detailed, has more soundstage, cleaner and above all a much more refined sound than the clear, the only flaw could be the arya.... the sound lacks a bit of body but with the right cable it works a little better.
The other night I listened to amber rubarth binaural with arya v2, an absolute spectacle!!
I think Amp/DAC pairing is definitely important for the Arya. I've never perceived a lack of fullness/body. Cabling made a big difference for me as well, as the stock cable I got had boomy bass and was muddier in the mids. When I got my Audiophile Ninja cable it tightened up the bass and the muddiness cleared up while filling out the sound farther. It's so insanely detailed and clear now, it's really just the perfect sound all around minus the how revealing it is of bright recordings. Though I rarely listen to anything that's mixed too bright

Btw: Has anyone found a headband wrap or something that'll fit over the suspension strap? I'd like to get just a bit more cushion, stock isnt bad I just would like a bit more. I may also look at grabbing the ultra pads since they aren't as stiff as the serenities

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #11,628 of 11,901
Well keep me updated as a forum member recommended I upgrade from hd600's and he-4xx to Arya stealth. Still confused about the discount scheme on the website. Arya stealth 'looked' like a good deal at 1000 usd.

Feb 29, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #11,629 of 11,901
Ooof. Listened to the 1990s for the first time since getting the Arya and I literally laughed out loud cuz of how it sounded. Still love them for use with my keyboard but damn 😂

We're all spoiled

Feb 29, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #11,630 of 11,901
Just received the Vioeletric V202 Amp yesterday to replace my Lake People G111 Mk2, that I used for my Organics. I can say that the V202 does have a much fuller all around sound end with a nice rumble in the bass. I also have noticed the the Amp eliminates any high end issues in the treble that the Organics may have.
This is a great Amp, I have it currently paired with the Geshelli Labs J2S Dac.

I am thinking about getting the v202 aswell! may i ask why you chose the v202 over the v222?

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #11,631 of 11,901
I am thinking about getting the v202 aswell! may i ask why you chose the v202 over the v222?
FWIW: I have the Arya v2 connected to the balanced output of the V222 = very enjoyable:) I chose the V222 to be able to use the balanced.

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #11,632 of 11,901
How does the Arya Stealth compare to the Ananda Nano? I just bought the latter to replace my Edition XS. It's an upgrade (more resolving, transparent, faster) but I'm a little disappointed with the soundstage. It's good, precise, but I feel not as airy and wide as on the Edition XS. Will Arya Stealth be better than the Nano? Also how is their tuning in comparison?

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #11,633 of 11,901

I listen to my Organics using the single end input and it saves me $300 if I got the v222. They are basically the same Amp except for the balanced input of the V222, that does have more power for higher impedance headphones. But I'm currently running my Organics at
- 12db, on the V202, so its more than enough power for the Organics

Mar 2, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #11,634 of 11,901
So for the people in the know, is the difference between Arya V2 and Stealth just soundstage and treble? I have Stealth and I dont feel I'm missing anything....:)

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #11,635 of 11,901
So for the people in the know, is the difference between Arya V2 and Stealth just soundstage and treble? I have Stealth and I dont feel I'm missing anything....:)
Hard to know you're missing something if you've never had it and that's a good thing in this hobby. If you're happy then stick with it

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #11,636 of 11,901
I joined the team last week and received an Arya Stealth. At the price they are being offered now by Hifiman they are a steal. Great headphone.

Mar 3, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #11,637 of 11,901
Well keep me updated as a forum member recommended I upgrade from hd600's and he-4xx to Arya stealth. Still confused about the discount scheme on the website. Arya stealth 'looked' like a good deal at 1000 usd.
Is that an upgrade or just an addition of something that sounds completely different?

I get the step up from the HE 4XX.

Mar 3, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #11,638 of 11,901
Yesterday, after not using them for a while, I picked up my Hifiman Arya V2 headphones, which I bought four years ago. To my great disappointment, I found that the right channel is dead. Before the Arya, I had the Edition X V2, which faced the same issue after a similar period. After the Edition X, I had decided to trust Hifiman again because the sound quality is excellent, but now I have decided that I will never buy headphones from this brand again

Mar 3, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #11,639 of 11,901
Yesterday, after not using them for a while, I picked up my Hifiman Arya V2 headphones, which I bought four years ago. To my great disappointment, I found that the right channel is dead. Before the Arya, I had the Edition X V2, which faced the same issue after a similar period. After the Edition X, I had decided to trust Hifiman again because the sound quality is excellent, but now I have decided that I will never buy headphones from this brand again
I would take it apart and inspect the internal wiring. I'm assuming a solder failed somewhere, maybe you can fix it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back