HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jul 16, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #1,111 of 11,881
How badly do these headphones leak? My roommates sleep 1 door apart, and I'm curious if they'd be able to hear my music when they're sleeping. For reference, I've had the ZMF Auteur and HD650, and those are fine. Thanks!

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #1,112 of 11,881
Am I under powering these, and would I actually hear a difference getting a larger amp like the THX AAA? Has anyone compared between similar setups A/B?
Did you see this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-modi-and-magni-comparison-to-bifrost-and-asgard.643368/? Very old and probably about older gens of Schiit Audio but author had 50% success ratio in A/B test between Modi + Magni and Bifrost + Asgard combos. I am considering Schiit Audio for my Aryas as well. However, I would need to break my rule of not buying audio equipment without auditioning. Schiit is not available in my country and needs to be imported. But Loki is very tempting. Could let me get rid of Aryas 10kHz peak which I do not really enjoy. When I eq it down with PC I find Aryas just perfect to my taste. But this makes my audio dependent on PC which I do not like.

True, if Karister thinks Arya’s have a tight clamping force, let me introduce him to Audeze LCD’s! He would probably think they also double as head torture device.
I tested Audeze two yeras ago and their lack of convenience was the main factor of not going with LCD2F. While I agree that Aryas are good in terms of comfort, they are not leaders here IMO. My Nighthawks were much more comfy. I think Focal Clear/Elear are better as well but I used them only for about 1h when auditioning. Anyway, it is matter of personal preferences. I like loose HPs that I don't feel closely fit to my skin. By the way, interesting thing in Aryas is that when I pull ear pads about 1cm away from my head, a lot of sub bass emerges. Sounds fun. I wonder if this could be achieved with custom pads.

How badly do these headphones leak? My roommates sleep 1 door apart, and I'm curious if they'd be able to hear my music when they're sleeping. For reference, I've had the ZMF Auteur and HD650, and those are fine. Thanks!
They are fully open. When I run at average volume other in room are able to hear song lyrics and I can understand TV. But I do not think that they can be heard through closed doors. They are still headphones, not speakers. Probably if you were able to run them so that they could be heard through closed doors, your ears would beg for mercy

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #1,114 of 11,881
I had a chance to try these.
I'm currently courting the idea of getting a set of cans that will contrast with my lcd-x nicely but I'm pretty damn sensitive to treble and I find stuff like the hd800 to be unlistenable because of it. After what I read about them I was fairly skeptical but I had the time so I figured I'd give them a try. I was pleasantly surprised; I didn't find the treble to be harsh or too bright and the mids had more presence and warmth than I expected them to. I'll likely be going back and taking my dac/amp with me for a second round and decision.

Jul 22, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #1,118 of 11,881
I'm currently courting the idea of getting a set of cans that will contrast with my lcd-x

Have paired the Arya with my LCD-X for contrast aswell. In comparison i like the LCD-X for its contour and the Arya for its texture.

Jul 22, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #1,119 of 11,881
Have paired the Arya with my LCD-X for contrast aswell. In comparison i like the LCD-X for its contour and the Arya for its texture.
Yeah Audeze's in general make good pairings with Hifiman. Sort of opposites in the tonal spectrum.

Jul 22, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #1,121 of 11,881
I currently own the HE-500 with a Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold amp and an Audiolab M-Dac.

Would I hear a big difference in audio quality if I decided to purchase the Arya and a RME ADI-2 DAC?
A big difference, yes. Whether you'd like it more or not, I can't say :) Arya with RME would be an extremely clean, resolving combination. Not much warmth there, if you want that.

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #1,122 of 11,881
A big difference, yes. Whether you'd like it more or not, I can't say :) Arya with RME would be an extremely clean, resolving combination. Not much warmth there, if you want that.

Thank you for the reply.

I did order the RME ADI-2 DAC today, it should be here tomorrow. The thought is to replace the Audiolab M-Dac and use the RME as a dac only together with the Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold fully balanced.

I managed to get an offer on a 20 - 30 minutes used Arya at a 13% discount from full retail price, I'm still thinking about it but I might bite on that offer if no better deal comes up in the near future.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #1,124 of 11,881
Thank you for the reply.

I did order the RME ADI-2 DAC today, it should be here tomorrow. The thought is to replace the Audiolab M-Dac and use the RME as a dac only together with the Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold fully balanced.

I managed to get an offer on a 20 - 30 minutes used Arya at a 13% discount from full retail price, I'm still thinking about it but I might bite on that offer if no better deal comes up in the near future.
I'd go for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back