HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #1,051 of 11,871
If you loved my video of HIFIMAN Arya, you should really check out my video of HE6SE, another amazing headphone from HIFIMAN that you'll fall in love with, provided you will have enough power to drive them :)

Here is the problem, for me with the HE6. They are so hard to drive, the Susvara may be worth it for me but the HE6 would not. Susvara’s are on another level as far as sonic performance, these are just a different choice with the Hifiman brand.

Jun 14, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #1,052 of 11,871
Here is the problem, for me with the HE6. They are so hard to drive, the Susvara may be worth it for me but the HE6 would not. Susvara’s are on another level as far as sonic performance, these are just a different choice with the Hifiman brand.

Ragnarok Gain 2 (of 3) is plenty for the HE-6. HE-6 is in a much lower price strata than the Susvara.

Jun 14, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #1,053 of 11,871
Ragnarok Gain 2 (of 3) is plenty for the HE-6. HE-6 is in a much lower price strata than the Susvara.
Well I don't have anything quite as powerful as the Ragnarok and neither is the Ragnarok cheap either!

Jun 15, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #1,054 of 11,871
Thank you all for responses. Much appreciated. I should be able to audition Aryas next week. I am not sure if local store will have any other Hifimans HPs, though. Will ask.

@Dobrescu George, yeah I've seen both your reviews along with many others. This is how I pick HPs to audition but I must admin that this is very subjective and I have different feelings quite often compared to reviewers. My biggest disappointed was LCD2C this way. So many reviews prise them for bass extension and quality. Well, that's true but hardly anyone mentions that they are extreme basshead heaven and truly smash head with bass. You actually mentioned that they have extreme bass but I found your channel after auditioning LCD2C.
What I find pretty cool in youtube are live demos of headphones, mainly from Z Reviews and The Next Best Thing Studio channels. Really appreciate those guys' job. Even more cool thing is AB comparison like this Sundara vs Ananda:

I like Ananda more. I find them ok in general, actually. Ok bass, smooth vocal, quite present treble, but not harsh to me. I could go with HP like this one, one just slightly more veiled one. But only a bit, not to loose vocals clarity. But of course it is biased due to listening through my heavily equalized Audioquest Nighthawks.

I am hyped for Arya after opinions from @Tsukuyomi and @Dobrescu George. Slightly less for HE6SE as it was mentioned to be more vivid than Arya which in turn is brighter than HEXv2. Might be too much for me. Also, I find round ear cups less convenient. I suppose that Arya or HEXv2 would fit me. Unfortunately it is likely that I will not be able to audition second one. Regarding amp, I am powering all auditioned HPs with my Marantz HD DAC1. It never let me down in terms of power output.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #1,055 of 11,871
Well I don't have anything quite as powerful as the Ragnarok and neither is the Ragnarok cheap either!

Well, everything is relative - especially to $6k headphones. BTW I should throw you more likes, I always read you with interest.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #1,056 of 11,871
Well, everything is relative - especially to $6k headphones. BTW I should throw you more likes, I always read you with interest.
Well I meant for use with the HE6SE. OTOH with the Susvara, as I understand, a better and more expensive amp will most likely be needed to get the most out of them. :astonished:

Thanks.....you too!

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #1,057 of 11,871

Yeah, He6SE is really really hard to drive, but man I like their sound. Pretty much only Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ can drive them properly from everything I have around :)

Jun 15, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,058 of 11,871
Thank you all for responses. Much appreciated. I should be able to audition Aryas next week. I am not sure if local store will have any other Hifimans HPs, though. Will ask.

@Dobrescu George, yeah I've seen both your reviews along with many others. This is how I pick HPs to audition but I must admin that this is very subjective and I have different feelings quite often compared to reviewers. My biggest disappointed was LCD2C this way. So many reviews prise them for bass extension and quality. Well, that's true but hardly anyone mentions that they are extreme basshead heaven and truly smash head with bass. You actually mentioned that they have extreme bass but I found your channel after auditioning LCD2C.
What I find pretty cool in youtube are live demos of headphones, mainly from Z Reviews and The Next Best Thing Studio channels. Really appreciate those guys' job. Even more cool thing is AB comparison like this Sundara vs Ananda:

I like Ananda more. I find them ok in general, actually. Ok bass, smooth vocal, quite present treble, but not harsh to me. I could go with HP like this one, one just slightly more veiled one. But only a bit, not to loose vocals clarity. But of course it is biased due to listening through my heavily equalized Audioquest Nighthawks.

I am hyped for Arya after opinions from @Tsukuyomi and @Dobrescu George. Slightly less for HE6SE as it was mentioned to be more vivid than Arya which in turn is brighter than HEXv2. Might be too much for me. Also, I find round ear cups less convenient. I suppose that Arya or HEXv2 would fit me. Unfortunately it is likely that I will not be able to audition second one. Regarding amp, I am powering all auditioned HPs with my Marantz HD DAC1. It never let me down in terms of power output.

Thank you for your kind words :)

LCD-2C is indeed a bit much for me in terms of bass, HE6SE from HIFIMAN is much better when I want some bass. Arya is slightly more bass light compared to He6SE.

I have not heard HEXv2, but a friend who has them told me that they are a bit lighter on bass than Arya

Jun 15, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #1,059 of 11,871
Thank you for your kind words :)

LCD-2C is indeed a bit much for me in terms of bass, HE6SE from HIFIMAN is much better when I want some bass. Arya is slightly more bass light compared to He6SE.

I have not heard HEXv2, but a friend who has them told me that they are a bit lighter on bass than Arya

So are you liking the HE6 more than the Arya right now?

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #1,060 of 11,871
So are you liking the HE6 more than the Arya right now?

Overall, Arya is more relaxed, more open, more airy. HE6SE is more... I'd simply call it harder to drive. HE6SE has more punch, it feels like everything is controlled differently

For me, I'd take Arya any day for anything that's not metal or EDM, but for Metal and EDM, I'd take HE6SE. But Metal and EDM make a lot of my listening habits.

He6SE makes absolutely no sense if you don't have anything to drive them with tho :)

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #1,061 of 11,871
Overall, Arya is more relaxed, more open, more airy. HE6SE is more... I'd simply call it harder to drive. HE6SE has more punch, it feels like everything is controlled differently

For me, I'd take Arya any day for anything that's not metal or EDM, but for Metal and EDM, I'd take HE6SE. But Metal and EDM make a lot of my listening habits.

He6SE makes absolutely no sense if you don't have anything to drive them with tho :)

Have you used Audeze LCD-2c for metal before? I'm curious how the HE6se compares directly for metal, as reading the 2c is great with the genre was a large appeal to picking up the 2c for me.

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #1,062 of 11,871
look closely :)

img_0012lyjp8.gif

Arya <3

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,063 of 11,871
Jun 20, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #1,064 of 11,871
Jun 21, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #1,065 of 11,871
Hi, all :)

I have finally managed to audition Aryas. I took so long because firstly they were sold out in other city before arriving to one I live in. And here another one was sold out. :D I managed to audition a test pair (not for sale one). In one sentence - I love them. :) I had an opportunity to compare them with Focal Clear, Sennhaiser HD660S, Fostex TH909 and Hifiman HE6SE. :)

Sennhaiser and Fostex - just no. Sennhaiser was harsh sounding to my ears. Fostex was very aggressively V-shaped. Focal Clear was kinda ok. Clear but slightly aggressive vocal, acceptable treble (I am not fan of high tones - those were what I consider acceptable) and too boomy bass. Definitely a good pair of headphones but not exactly what I was looking for.

So, let's move to Aryas. :) It was simply amazing and exactly what i wanted to hear. Clean, smooth vocals and instruments. Piano, sax, guitars were just amazing. At the same time all those were clearly separated from astonishing, addictive vocals. High tones were definitely present but not highlighted in any way. Definitely warmer sound than MrSpeakrs Ether Flow and waaaaay brighter than Audeze LCD2C that I tested two weeks ago. Very good for me, just sweet spot. Pleasant for ears, not harsh in any way. And finally bass. Exactly what I wanted. Emphasised subbass but without emphasis on higher areas of bass. There is a pleasant and clearly audible *ompf* but without hammers hitting hard my head with higher bass like it happened in Focal Clear and Audeze. Thanks to this sound is powerful and emotional but low tones do not interfere with vocal and do not make sound dull and veiled. Very good separation of all sounds. Just love it. As mentioned, I had an opportunity of AB comparison with HE6SE. HE6SE had slightly more present higher bass and a bit more audible treble. Not exactly what I like. Differences were subtle but in overall I found Arya's sound to be cleaner, smoother, more airy and entertaining. Both Hifiman cans were definitely more power-hungry than rest of headphones. Mentioned before dynamic headphones I was listening to with volume gauge at 9 o'clock from my Marantz HD-DAC1 at low gain. Aryas needed between 10 and 11 while HE6SE 12 to offer the same level of sound.

All in all, it was worth to wait for almost month to audition them. I liked both Hifiman cans but Aryas are just wow. Also local seller said that their kind of magical. Whoever auditions them, takes them home. So I need to wait 2 weeks in queue with my order. But that's no problem at all. This amazing sound is worth it. I was super hyped to be able to audition them and now I am even more hyped to have them a week or two.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back