HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #9,706 of 11,944
A vote for burson conductor 3 reference. Excellent with Arya Stealth with metal music. I only add a slight bass boost but if the song has prominent bass it won't need it (e.g. modern Opeth).

Do you feel like you need to turn the treble down? Does Burson smooth it out? For example, I tried some Iron Maiden, and could not listen to it due to piercing treble and sibilance - track 'Moonchild' from Seventh Son (but this is due to really poor performance of ifi Zen). Does the treble get under control with Burson?

Apr 6, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #9,709 of 11,944
Hello everyone,

I'm a new owner of the Arya Stealth! Super excited to get some listening time on these when I'm back at home after vacation.

I currently have a FiiO K7, and am considering switching that out with a FiiO K9 (or the Pro ESS) variant, but wanted you guys' opinions as well since I am much too new to the hobby - what would you guys recommend I power these off?

Thanks everyone!

Apr 6, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #9,710 of 11,944
already you will enjoy it well with the k7, that's what I have at this time. for the k9 I can't tell you, I don't have my k9 pro akm anymore but I think it will go well with it because it sounded good with my Ananda

Apr 6, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #9,711 of 11,944
So I got myself something within affordable budget - Hifiman's EF400 for my Aryas SE. All I can say... wow. Neither Aryas nor EF400 are even burned in yet... but listening to Beethoven's Kreutzer sonata performed by Gidon Kremer/Martha Argerich... my mouth is literally wide open. This is definitely the taste of hi-end right there!

Apr 6, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #9,712 of 11,944
already you will enjoy it well with the k7, that's what I have at this time. for the k9 I can't tell you, I don't have my k9 pro akm anymore but I think it will go well with it because it sounded good with my Ananda
Thanks so much!

Since you owned the K9, how do you think it compares against the K7? Trying to contemplate if its worth the upgrade

Apr 8, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #9,715 of 11,944
For other arya owners with the Asgard amp, do you prefer low or high gain?

Apr 8, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #9,717 of 11,944
I have Arya SE. Have any of you auditioned HE1000SE? Is there a sufficient performance jump?

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #9,718 of 11,944
If you’ve already stretched your budget owning the Arya SE then I’d say you can just stay with the Arya.
If you’re looking for a slightly better up grade (that seems to pay off more long term) don’t expect a wow IMO.

When I first put them on I thought I had just payed for an Arya SE with a nicer chassis. Going back and forth the differences is that the HE has slightly brighter treble but I don’t find it sibilant.

I think the HE has better resolution and removes that “gray blanket” that I hear in the Arya where instruments don’t have their individual timbres as well defined.

But I think the better upgrade would be the HEK SE though the price is quite high.

I don’t think you’d regret going for them though. I’m putting up my Arya for sale.

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #9,719 of 11,944
If you’ve already stretched your budget owning the Arya SE then I’d say you can just stay with the Arya.
If you’re looking for a slightly better up grade (that seems to pay off more long term) don’t expect a wow IMO.

When I first put them on I thought I had just payed for an Arya SE with a nicer chassis. Going back and forth the differences is that the HE has slightly brighter treble but I don’t find it sibilant.

I think the HE has better resolution and removes that “gray blanket” that I hear in the Arya where instruments don’t have their individual timbres as well defined.

But I think the better upgrade would be the HEK SE though the price is quite high.

I don’t think you’d regret going for them though. I’m putting up my Arya for sale.

They are £2000 more than my Arya SE, so I am looking for a 'Wow!', otherwise what's the point?

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #9,720 of 11,944
They are £2000 more than my Arya SE, so I am looking for a 'Wow!', otherwise what's the point?
That’s just my opinion though. I think they’re still awesome headphones and my favorite Hifiman I’ve owned so far.
I think it’s a testament to how good the Arya SE are and still the best bargain around if you buy them used.
I bought my Arya new from Audio46 a month or two after their release and was impressed ever since.

The HE1000 SE are still an upgrade to the Arya SE and may wow you. Their staging is incredible.

Just to clarify; you’re talking about the latest magnet upgrade to the HE1000v2 and not the $3500 HEKSE right? If you mean the HEKSE ($3500) then I’ve heard they’re incredible and I haven’t tried them yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back