HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #6,766 of 11,884
I just have to say also, especially after a couple of drinks and a good Pink Floyd album or two in, the Arya are so smooth in the highs. I was warned of harsh highs when I ordered them and coming from the XS and Ananda these are buttery smooth and a walk in the park. The high synthesizer screams from Welcome to the Machine are listenable where the XS had me turning the volume down pre emptively.

I attribute this to the Soundstage and music being placed farther away. Whether that makes sense or not I don't know.

Wish you were here is done. Let's Check out the Wall

Feb 18, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #6,767 of 11,884
I'll check that out. Chromebook does use android apps. Quite honestly I'm super happy with the stock Arya v2 tuning. It sounds amazing and the only thing I can see myself adding is bass for hip hop/pop but really I'd rather just buy a headphone more suited for that anyway. They're usually terribly mixed songs and don't take advantage of staging

Right on, IMO the arya is suited for everything :L3000: and doubleEE so with that bass shelf. My analogy is its like having the option to add a sub to your 2 channel system.

I just have to say also, especially after a couple of drinks and a good Pink Floyd album or two in, the Arya are so smooth in the highs. I was warned of harsh highs when I ordered them and coming from the XS and Ananda these are buttery smooth and a walk in the park. The high synthesizer screams from Welcome to the Machine are listenable where the XS had me turning the volume down pre emptively.

I attribute this to the Soundstage and music being placed farther away. Whether that makes sense or not I don't know.

Wish you were here is done. Let's Check out the Wall

Burning in your headphones with some spirits always brings out the best ! :beerchug:

Feb 18, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #6,768 of 11,884
Right on, IMO the arya is suited for everything :L3000: and doubleEE so with that bass shelf. My analogy is its like having the option to add a sub to your 2 channel system.

Burning in your headphones with some spirits always brings out the best ! :beerchug:
I pumped about 15 hours of pink noise into them since last night too. I can't be for sure but if they sounded good last night, they're phenomenal today 🍻

Feb 18, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #6,769 of 11,884
But my biggest soundstage maximizer is using the Black Ice Audio FOZ-SS-X tube buffer. Its called a soundstage expander for a reason and it clearly shows.
This thing looks so cool. I'd love to check one out someday.

Feb 18, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #6,771 of 11,884
Feb 19, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #6,772 of 11,884
I'd send it back. Digital parametric EQ is free on PC and more prescise. It will not reduce the sound stage. Most people on PC use peace equalizer apo with peace UI. It is free and there are tutorials on how to set it up. I use oratory1990 settings.

+1

Graphic Equalizer on Fooobar is great. Everything is intact except for the changes you apply.

Feb 19, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #6,773 of 11,884
What DAC were you coming from before you got the Bifrost?
The Modius, which is honestly a very impressive DAC for 200 dollars. It's pretty smooth and I never heard any treble glare with it feeding the Soloist and Arya, and only occasionally when it was feeding the Magnius. Soundstage was wide, just somewhat shallow, though not completely flat. Clean, resolving, but still good fun. I didn't feel like it was holding back my setup, but the Bifrost is a noticeable enhancement.

Feb 19, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #6,774 of 11,884
I'll check that out. Chromebook does use android apps. Quite honestly I'm super happy with the stock Arya v2 tuning. It sounds amazing and the only thing I can see myself adding is bass for hip hop/pop but really I'd rather just buy a headphone more suited for that anyway. They're usually terribly mixed songs and don't take advantage of staging

I want to grab one but it's steep at $500, but in the future for sure. I don't have an itch to upgrade right now for the first time. The Arya is so good

I did just get a new cable though for my unison bifrost input and I have an Audiophile Ninja balanced cable coming in to replace my cheaper Amazon balanced cable
I'm sure a better cable will make a substantial difference. I did the cheap Amazon cable thing also. I found that the 4 cores SPC cables were thin sounding in the bass and had the potential to sound brighter in the trebles. I bought the GL2000 8 cores XLR SPC and then a Periapt OG XLR cable. They're both better sounding cables than the cheap Amazon cable. I didn't think cables made much difference but I was wrong after I heard them side by side.

Feb 19, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #6,776 of 11,884
I just received a balanced cable from Audiophile Ninja and it's a nice upgrade to the Youkamoo cable I had bought on Amazon.

I've never had a headphone that sounds so amazing with live albums. I almost feel like live albums are better than some studio stuff, it's just so clear and places so well into the Arya's soundstage abilities. Pink Floyd's Delicate sound of Thunder is insane.

I've gone ahead and ordered a replacement laptop for the chromebook I'm using to something with Windows 10. The chromebook was meant for school and I'll keep it for that, I'll use the Windows laptop at home for all my music and get some digital EQ going on it

Feb 20, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #6,777 of 11,884
Dekoni recently released pads for the Arya, huge step up from the hifiman pads, i started with the velour but ended up sticking with the hybrid, sound signature seems the same to me ears, the velour added some lush but took away some of the stage. Very minor change though. Comfort and quality is A1, makes hifiman pads seem like a joke.
Which Arya model are you recommending dekoni velour pads for?

Feb 20, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #6,778 of 11,884
I just received a balanced cable from Audiophile Ninja and it's a nice upgrade to the Youkamoo cable I had bought on Amazon.

I've never had a headphone that sounds so amazing with live albums. I almost feel like live albums are better than some studio stuff, it's just so clear and places so well into the Arya's soundstage abilities. Pink Floyd's Delicate sound of Thunder is insane.

I've gone ahead and ordered a replacement laptop for the chromebook I'm using to something with Windows 10. The chromebook was meant for school and I'll keep it for that, I'll use the Windows laptop at home for all my music and get some digital EQ going on it

Sounds like a great excuse to build a SFFPC instead !

Feb 20, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #6,780 of 11,884
Sounds like a great excuse to build a SFFPC instead !
What is an SFFPC? Lol

Either way right now it's a nooooo. I didn't spend much on said laptop, it's not anything top of the line but an immediate upgrade to my school chromebook so I'll use it at home and for audio needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back