HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #556 of 11,883
Alright Arya owners, try this.

Go to this site. http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

Set the frequency to 15 hz. Crank the volume. Now slowly pull off your headphones.
Its caused by faster transient, that's the main difference between hek and arya. U pull the driver away from ur face that makes the transient slow down again so the bass extension is back which makes that rummble.

Feb 21, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #557 of 11,883
So my Aryas finally arrived. I don't have the Anandas anymore to do a proper comparison, but from memory I can say these have less base punch for sure. I think the low end sound is probably a bit cleaner sounding. I'm not sure if that's an over all good or bad thing, but I suppose that makes it more neutral.Don't get me wrong, the base is still there, but it just has less oomf. The Sibilance issue that the Anadas have (guessing the 8k peak I've read about?) appears to be gone with these, which is definitely a good thing. Overall these sound really damn good with a really wide sound stage and very good clarity when focusing on specific pieces of the music. The only other difference I can speak to without talking out my ass since I can't do a proper back to back test is these seem to be more comfortable to wear, which I'm guessing is due to the fact the ear cups can rotate. If the exaggerated Sibilance of of the Anandas and other Hifiman (i.e. 400i, which was significantly worse than the Anandas by quite a bit) doesn't bother you, and you find them comfortable, I'm not sure these are worth the $500 extra to be honest (especially if you'd like a bit of extra base). Overall I'm pretty happy with them so far after just an hour of listening to them. It's worth noting that my Magni 2 Uber is at 80% to listen to these at what I'd consider my peak volume (higher would be painful fairly quickly).

Looks like my M1060s (which I do love) are being retired next to my HD600/HD650s.

Pair with more powerful amp will make the bass richer, thats why i also use speaker amp to power these cans. I think maybe the edx v2 is the sound ur looking for.
I auditioned Ananda with arya before purchase, Ananda does sounds quite nice but i found it really thin sounding and pair with powerful amp doesn't seems to make it better. OTOTH the arya is a bit like 560, power makes the sound alot different.

Feb 21, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #559 of 11,883
They need to design earpads that make the rumble. Out of all my cans the Arya are my favorite. Currently own LCD x, LCD 2C, HD660, Elex, t60rp and Aeon Flows. On the way are HE1000se and ZMF Aeolus

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #561 of 11,883
They need to design earpads that make the rumble. Out of all my cans the Arya are my favorite. Currently own LCD x, LCD 2C, HD660, Elex, t60rp and Aeon Flows. On the way are HE1000se and ZMF Aeolus

I with you on the LCD X and Elex. Want to hear what you have to say about the 1000 SE vs all of the rest. Until I can get Susvara money, the 1000 SE would be end game for me.

Feb 21, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #562 of 11,883
I with you on the LCD X and Elex. Want to hear what you have to say about the 1000 SE vs all of the rest. Until I can get Susvara money, the 1000 SE would be end game for me.
If Susvara is end game what amp would you pair it with? This weekend I'll be able to compare the two headphones. There is some nuance that I miss from the he1000 v2 when compared to Arya.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #563 of 11,883

Would like to hear your comparison to HE1000SE. Recently went to audit the Ananda, I find it not bad so I wonder how does it compare to Arya and HE 1000SE.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #564 of 11,883
If Susvara is end game what amp would you pair it with? This weekend I'll be able to compare the two headphones. There is some nuance that I miss from the he1000 v2 when compared to Arya.

I heard the Susvara with a Benchmark HPA4 and a GSX mini. I slightly preferred the mini, but both seemed to sound good on the Susvara.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #565 of 11,883
Would like to hear your comparison to HE1000SE. Recently went to audit the Ananda, I find it not bad so I wonder how does it compare to Arya and HE 1000SE.

If you can get your hands on an HEX V2, try to compare that against the Arya, to see if the Arya is an improvement over that. The HEX should definitely have more bass at least.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #567 of 11,883
Today, I went to compare Ananda, Arya and Abyss Diana using my WM1A. I know this kind of audit is not fair to headphone which require more power but wanted to know which Hifiman is close to Abyss Diana.

To my surprise, Ananda sound signature is close to Abyss Diana. I enjoy Ananda when listening to Hotel California compare to Arya. Arya is very clean sounding and I hear the vocal is recess while Ananda is more forward. The guitar sound of the Hotel California from Ananda is more close to Abyss Diana. Overall, Ananda sound is more similar to Abyss using my wm1a. I might choose Ananda if i use Abyss Diana as a reference. At home, I try to listen Hotel California using HD800s and using memory from the audit, Ananda is more similar tone to HD800S. The vocal part of HD800s is like Arya which is recess but less recess than Arya.

I like Arya because it is clean and clear and due to vocal seems recess so it sounds more layer. I like Ananda because i enjoy the sound which is like listening in concert and feel the sound is surrounding me. I know my testing is not fair to Arya and Abyss Diana as the power from wm1a is not enough to give them the potential. But tonality, Ananda is close to Abyss Diana which I use it as reference.

Any comments or suggestions?

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #568 of 11,883
How would you compare the bass between the Ananda and Arya? A couple of recent post seen to indicate the Ananda has more bass. Do you concur? Perhaps these impressions have more to do with the material.

Feb 22, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #569 of 11,883
How would you compare the bass between the Ananda and Arya? A couple of recent post seen to indicate the Ananda has more bass. Do you concur? Perhaps these impressions have more to do with the material.

It's definitely not the material.

Edit: To add, I'm going to guess that the Ananda has more flex in the diaphragm, and it moves a lot more for low frequency sound. I recall you could feel the vibrations more when holding the driver while doing a frequency test at similar volumes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back