HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 14, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #496 of 11,883
I think that the design of the Arya is made the way it is in order to maintain the original look of the HEK.
IMO Arya use old headband design is mainly because of comfort. The new headband is better for portable use but less comfortable.

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #497 of 11,883
Well right now between my HP's the Flex and the LCD X, I just hope an Arya isn't just too mellow. While an LCD X has a relatively relaxed sound it still has impact and dynamics. What pissed me off about the Sundara is that it had none of that, only a kind of big, fuzzy soundstage and I hope the Arya doesn't remind me of a Sundara on steroids.

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #498 of 11,883
My very first impressions of the Arya were that it was indeed too laid back. But that’s comparatively to SOME other cans. I ended up loving the musicality of the Arya; it’s headphone that sings.

Agree. Maybe if I never heard the Clear I would think the Arya would be too laid-back, but after having lived with the Clear and the overly aggressive punch and dynamics, I welcome the slightly laid-back presentation of the Aria.
Who knows, maybe one day I will be sick of it.
This madness never ends.

Feb 14, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #499 of 11,883
Agree. Maybe if I never heard the Clear I would think the Arya would be too laid-back, but after having lived with the Clear and the overly aggressive punch and dynamics, I welcome the slightly laid-back presentation of the Aria.
Who knows, maybe one day I will be sick of it.
This madness never ends.
Hahahahaha, true ! I sold my Clear but I do miss it. I’m still keeping the HD800S and LCD3 as open alternatives.

Feb 16, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #502 of 11,883
I'm trying to kick the Mad Elves out of my house today (for those who know what I'm talking about, cheers), so I'm posting this random pic of my amazingly seductive Arya tethered to a Burson Conductor V2+ by a 16' WyWires Red cable.
IMG_20190216_154209801.jpg

Feb 16, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #503 of 11,883
Omega stand is only for the photo. I think the pads get squeezed too much when it's on it so I ordered a different one where it can just hang. Omega stand was for the Focal Clear but I'm selling that.

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #504 of 11,883
Does anyone find their Arya making squeeky noises while twisting the headband joint? Mine does and its quite annoying every time I put them on/off.

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #505 of 11,883
Nope. Mine are Dead quiet.

Feb 17, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #506 of 11,883
Does anyone find their Arya making squeeky noises while twisting the headband joint? Mine does and its quite annoying every time I put them on/off.
A lot of them do. All 5 pairs of similarly design headphones that I tried have them (2 HeXv2, 2 HeKv2 and 1 Arya). I ended up returning the Arya and asked HiFiman to hand pick a good pair for me. Now it’s all good

Feb 17, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #507 of 11,883
A lot of them do. All 5 pairs of similarly design headphones that I tried have them (2 HeXv2, 2 HeKv2 and 1 Arya). I ended up returning the Arya and asked HiFiman to hand pick a good pair for me. Now it’s all good
How long does it take to swap? Its a new pair or just new headband? I would like to do that too but i cant have nothing to listen to for too long.

Feb 17, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #508 of 11,883
How long does it take to swap? Its a new pair or just new headband? I would like to do that too but i cant have nothing to listen to for too long.
My first pair had excessive squeeky noise so I emailed the support and they asked me to RMA it. I wasn’t sure if they could satisfy me so I ended up returning them. Later on, I asked HiFiman to sell me a good pair which is what I ended up getting.

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #509 of 11,883
I'm on the fence about keeping HE 1000 v2 or send them back and get the Arya. Too many posts to go through so if someone who has compared both could help me. I made the purchase through Amazon so returning isn't an issue. I'm amazed by the qualities of the 1000s. I would guess that sound could change due to different housing material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back