HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #16 of 11,880
Just bought the Ananda, which I liked more than my previously owned the Edition X V2.

But with this new announcement and the new Ether 2 the Ananda will be returned.

I feel like buying Hifiman products is like buying a new car. You instantly lose 40% of value the moment you pick them up.

So waiting for Ether 2 and looking for the first Arya reviews.

Oct 7, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #17 of 11,880
Just bought the Ananda, which I liked more than my previously owned the Edition X V2.

I feel like buying Hifiman products is like buying a new car. You instantly lose 40% of value the moment you pick them up.

So spot on! I’m never buying another Hifiman product again...at least not new.

Oct 7, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #18 of 11,880

I know hifiman had obscene pricing with the hex and what not but their new releases are much more respectable. From the sundara, ananda, Arya...etc I think they have been listening to their target people and realized they can’t just release hyper expensive stuff. Their new products are more in line with the prices I’d expect.

You won’t see the ananda fall the he560 prices (300) for a very long time if ever

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #19 of 11,880
Oct 12, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #22 of 11,880
What matters to me is making a sense of this "higher-end" line.. which by looking at specs, design, and price one can understand how these headphones rank up:

Susvara: Current flagship. ($6000)
HE-1000se Old flagship, but improved by trickle-down stealth magnet technology from Susvara. ($3500)
HE-1000 V2 Old flagship. ($3000)
Arya: Lower cost replacement to HE-1000, with trickle-down technology from Susvara. ($1600)

Edition-X: Low-impedance, high sensitivity variant. (initially $1800. currently $1300)
Ananda: Lower cost replacement to Edition-X, with 1/5th the thickness of the planar diaphragm. ($1000)

Sundara (and other lower models): Budget options.

I'm just bummed that Arya isn't from the "easy-to-drive" variant so that I can drive it with a weak amp, but could it possibly be any good to even do some gaming (out of my Sennheiser GSX 1000) until I can save up for a highly capapble Amp for music?

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #23 of 11,880
What matters to me is making a sense of this "higher-end" line.. which by looking at specs, design, and price one can understand how these headphones rank up:

Susvara: Current flagship. ($6000)
HE-1000se Old flagship, but improved by trickle-down stealth magnet technology from Susvara. ($3500)
HE-1000 V2 Old flagship. ($3000)
Arya: Lower cost replacement to HE-1000, with trickle-down technology from Susvara. ($1600)

Edition-X: Low-impedance, high sensitivity variant. (initially $1800. currently $1300)
Ananda: Lower cost replacement to Edition-X, with 1/5th the thickness of the planar diaphragm. ($1000)

Sundara (and other lower models): Budget options.

I'm just bummed that Arya isn't from the "easy-to-drive" variant so that I can drive it with a weak amp, but could it possibly be any good to even do some gaming (out of my Sennheiser GSX 1000) until I can save up for a highly capapble Amp for music?

I love gaming on my he-1000, the soundstage and imaging is impeccable; that's out of my parasound dac and emotiva basx a-100, so without vss. I have tried many headphones in games and these blow everything else out of the water I've tried.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #28 of 11,880
stealth magnet?????
Magnet with narrow width so that air flow does not feel the presence of the magnet array?
This is flipside technology of He-6 which has small golden traces so that current flowing through the wire array is small and THEN this can be STEALTH WIRE?
They are clever for naming, and attaching big price tag for exotic name for "sound quality equation : {material * ( looks + exotic names )/2 } * price = performance"

The consequence is the efficiency is so low that we should buy formidable amplifier to feed them, he-6, susvara, or arya.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #29 of 11,880
Well, the HE1000se has the "stealth magnet" tech featured in the Susvara, as well as "premium" finishing. I'm not sure what other changes have been made. Whether that's worth more than double the asking price of the Arya is another matter... Vote with your wallet.
stealth magnet?????
Magnet with narrow width so that air flow does not feel the presence of the magnet array?
This is flipside technology of He-6 which has small golden traces so that current flowing through the wire array is small and THEN this can be STEALTH WIRE?
They are clever for naming, and attaching big price tag for exotic name for "sound quality equation : {material * ( looks + exotic names )/2 } * price = performance"

The consequence is the efficiency is so low that we should buy formidable amplifier to feed them, he-6, susvara, or arya.

Printed specs for efficiency are the same for HE-6, HE6SE, Susvara = 83 db/watt/meter. Arya is I believe 90. Probably cannot run the Arya off of some low power DAP, but 2 watts should do it.

I have some guesses about the HFM cans that are for sale (or will be soon). But I need to get to hear them all under controlled circumstances - obviously - to be sure.

I think the Arya will be better than the HEX V2 and the Ananda, possibly closer to the high end of the line than those. Also interested in the HE5-SE, that price is cheap for HFM, wonder if they make the grade.

Agree with others, it's tough to justify buying these new - unless you are all done trading.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back