HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #271 of 11,884
I'm not the best at describing what I'm hearing but after one weekend with the Arya, I've put the Solaris and Fealty on the market. Both of which I love but that pretty much sums it up. If you go to the Solaris thread you'll read so much hype there and much of it is true. However, the Arya is actually what everyone is describing haha. It's just bigger, more detailed, and more impactful. The Arya brings the life out of acoustic recordings like I've never heard before. It's very immersive and the image so well separated. Super wide without sounding diffused or thin. Melody Gardot never sounded so sweet! I hope that helps.

Yes, +2 on the interest meter. Thanks.

Jan 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #272 of 11,884
I guess I need to figure out if I want a silver or copper cable.

I've been playing around with ideas for DIY cables. One a OCC copper, one a silver plated. Not sure if they'll end up on the Arya, but damn good chance they end up on some HFM can. Let us know what you decide and how it is.

Jan 7, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #273 of 11,884
I'm not the best at describing what I'm hearing but after one weekend with the Arya, I've put the Solaris and Fealty on the market. Both of which I love but that pretty much sums it up. If you go to the Solaris thread you'll read so much hype there and much of it is true. However, the Arya is actually what everyone is describing haha. It's just bigger, more detailed, and more impactful. The Arya brings the life out of acoustic recordings like I've never heard before. It's very immersive and the image so well separated. Super wide without sounding diffused or thin. Melody Gardot never sounded so sweet! I hope that helps.

That's what I wanted to hear, I mostly listen to Jazz, Latin and classical which are acoustic music for the most part. What amp/dac are you using, mojo?

Jan 7, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #274 of 11,884
That's what I wanted to hear, I mostly listen to Jazz, Latin and classical which are acoustic music for the most part. What amp/dac are you using, mojo?
Yes. All this magic is happening with my poor little Mojo! At some point I'll invest in an upgrade cable and a proper desktop rig but for now, I'm very pleased.

Jan 7, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #276 of 11,884
Let me say that I prefer the Hifiman sound over the Audeze. I did own the LCD-2 for a ffe months and I would take the Arya a trillion times over anything Audeze has to offer. Just the weight alone is bad enough to skip the LCD-2.

I don't own any Audeze headphones because they are heavy. However, they have a industry-leading super large transducer (108mm). They sound 'big'. So their weights might be justifiable to some.

Jan 7, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #277 of 11,884
I don't own any Audeze headphones because they are heavy. However, they have a industry-leading super large transducer (108mm). They sound 'big'. So their weights might be justifiable to some.

I guess, But after trying the Hifiman sound and weight/design I have zero reasons to go back to Audeze. Personal taste as always.

Jan 7, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #278 of 11,884
Anyone paired the Arya with the Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum Alex Cavalli? interested in this amp.

Jan 7, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #279 of 11,884
I guess, But after trying the Hifiman sound and weight/design I have zero reasons to go back to Audeze. Personal taste as always.
I’ve had several Audeze headphones; the LCD-4, the LCD-3, the LCD-X, the LCD-XC, and the LCD-2 closed backs. I’ve replaced the LCD-4’s with the Susvara’s and the sold the rest of my Audeze headphones except the LCD-2 closed backs. I just prefer the Hifiman sound as well. It’s clearer and more detailed with very good bass with better transparency.

Before the I purchased the Susvara’s I owned the HEK V2’s. I’m curious to know how the Arya’s sound in comparison.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #280 of 11,884
I’ve had several Audeze headphones; the LCD-4, the LCD-3, the LCD-X, the LCD-XC, and the LCD-2 closed backs. I’ve replaced the LCD-4’s with the Susvara’s and the sold the rest of my Audeze headphones except the LCD-2 closed backs. I just prefer the Hifiman sound as well. It’s clearer and more detailed with very good bass with better transparency.

Before the I purchased the Susvara’s I owned the HEK V2’s. I’m curious to know how the Arya’s sound in comparison.

Could you compare the sound of the HEK V2's with the sound of the LCD-X and LCD-3?

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #281 of 11,884
Anyone paired the Arya with the Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum Alex Cavalli? interested in this amp.

IMG_20181225_165848.jpg

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #282 of 11,884
(First post here after long-time lurking, yay!)

Happy to report I also bought an Arya! Should be here in a couple days! I have a Schiit Valhalla 2, which I don't think will do the trick properly. I'm going to sell it and I've ordered a Schiit Jotunheim, which should drive the Arya's more than accurately. I'm getting it without the DAC though as I've read the Jotunheim's DAC is really not that good.
I also got a Periapt balanced cable for the Arya to connect with the Jotunheim.

My current setup is the HD6XX and a Beyerdynamic DT990.... Should be in for a treat! Can't wait!

Given that step up your next move will be for the Shangri La Jr? Have fun... I would.

Jan 7, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #283 of 11,884
Given that step up your next move will be for the Shangri La Jr? Have fun... I would.
Thanks! Looking forward to it immensely. I pulled the trigger on the Jotunheim, so I'm going to try to get rid of the Valhalla 2 and maybe my sennheiser HD6XX too.

And yes, I am fully aware that this amount of progression is extreme and not sustainable long-term, but yeah sometimes it takes a leap instead of a small step.

Can't wait to share my impressions with you guys... It'll probably be Thursday!

One additional question maybe: any of you have recommendations for a DAC that would fit in my setup of Rega P3 upgraded record player, Lounge Audio LCR mk3 phono preamp and Schiit Jotunheim ..

I currently only have a Fiio E7K Andes as DAC, because I hardly ever play digital files on my headphones setup, however that's about to change. . So I'm thinking maybe the Cambridge Design dacmagic plus?

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #284 of 11,884
Jan 8, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #285 of 11,884
Could you compare the sound of the HEK V2's with the sound of the LCD-X and LCD-3?
I’ll PM you since this is unrelate to the Arya’s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back