HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #166 of 11,880
I'm running mine with a JDS Element. It's a no-nonsense DAC/Amp with plenty of power for less than $400.
I almost bought the element myself! Then I figured I'd end up using the bass boost on the iDSD... Which I do. A lot. It pretty much saves some open back headphones from disappointing bass roll-off.

The Arya, however, does not need it at all.

Dec 18, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #167 of 11,880
I almost bought the element myself! Then I figured I'd end up using the bass boost on the iDSD... Which I do. A lot. It pretty much saves some open back headphones from disappointing bass roll-off.

The Arya, however, does not need it at all.

Agreed... The bass on the Arya is pretty much perfect. In my limited experience, planars don't respond well to bass boost anyway. Trying to equalize the bass just seems to make it "woolly".

Dec 18, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #168 of 11,880
did anybody compare the HE-1000 with the Arya ?

Dec 19, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #170 of 11,880
I'm using a Massdrop Grace m9XX for the HEX V2, this amp/dac synergizes well with planars and is transportable and packed with good features. If I step up from here, looking at a THX AAA 789 using the Grace as a source. I've tried the Mimby and prefer the m9XX switching between several amps using both as a DAC.

Dec 20, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #171 of 11,880
Has anyone Paired the Arya with the Massdrop x THX AAA 789? Thinking of moving from the Magni 3 to the Massdrop x THX AAA 789, any thoughts?

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #173 of 11,880
Anyone listen to the Arya vs the HE-6? I faced off the HE-6 vs the (in order of finish): MrSpeakers Ether C, Ananda, LCD3, MRSpeakers Aeon (open & closed) last week, and the 6 easily beat them all. The Ananda seemed pale in comparison to the 6. Like MrSpeakers the brand, but was sorely disappointed by the Aeon's BTW.

Of course the Voce on the HFM amp destroyed all of the above with ease. Best cans I've ever heard (beat the Shangri La pretty handily IMO).

So, can the 1000 v2 or the Arya save me from way over spending my retirement budget? Haven't heard either yet, but, have to soon or a DIY Amp and Voce are my future...

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #174 of 11,880
Anyone listen to the Arya vs the HE-6? I faced off the HE-6 vs the (in order of finish): MrSpeakers Ether C, Ananda, LCD3, MRSpeakers Aeon (open & closed) last week, and the 6 easily beat them all. The Ananda seemed pale in comparison to the 6. Like MrSpeakers the brand, but was sorely disappointed by the Aeon's BTW.

Of course the Voce on the HFM amp destroyed all of the above with ease. Best cans I've ever heard (beat the Shangri La pretty handily IMO).

So, can the 1000 v2 or the Arya save me from way over spending my retirement budget? Haven't heard either yet, but, have to soon or a DIY Amp and Voce are my future...

That’s a nice list of cans you got to demo. Why didn’t you demo the Ether 2? It was entirely inspired by the Vocè and designed with the Vocé in mind.

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #175 of 11,880
That’s a nice list of cans you got to demo. Why didn’t you demo the Ether 2? It was entirely inspired by the Vocè and designed with the Vocé in mind.

They didn't have one, or an Arya, 1000 V2 either. Trying not to prejudge, but even if the Ether 2 has the same freq response I doubt it will fool me.

Have to hear the Voce again.... my reaction to it reminds me of the Little Feat song - Spanish Moon "I pawned my watch, and I sold my ring just to hear that girl sing, yeah"

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #176 of 11,880
They didn't have one, or an Arya, 1000 V2 either. Trying not to prejudge, but even if the Ether 2 has the same freq response I doubt it will fool me.

Have to hear the Voce again.... my reaction to it reminds me of the Little Feat song - Spanish Moon "I pawned my watch, and I sold my ring just to hear that girl sing, yeah"

I wasn’t implying that it could replicate or compete with the Vocè. I don’t think you can fairly compare a planar to an electrostat. I was just saying that Dan’s inspiration for the Ether 2 was drawn from the Vocé. But I was hoping you heard the Ether 2 so you could share your impressions!

I’ve never heard the Arya but owned the HEK V2 for a long time and it’s easily one of my favorites.

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #177 of 11,880
I wasn’t implying that it could replicate or compete with the Vocè. I don’t think you can fairly compare a planar to an electrostat. I was just saying that Dan’s inspiration for the Ether 2 was drawn from the Vocé. But I was hoping you heard the Ether 2 so you could share your impressions!

I’ve never heard the Arya but owned the HEK V2 for a long time and it’s easily one of my favorites.

Aha... I know the HEX v2 well, a little softer they say..

Dec 20, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #179 of 11,880
Not the HEX. I used to own the HE1000 V2 as well. I actually owned the HE1000 before I bought the HEX.

No, I knew you meant HEK v2 which I have never heard, but have heard the HEX v2 which is softer than the Ananda, HE6, etc.

Have you heard the HEK v2 vs the HE6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back