Hifiman 601, 602 or 801, good match for Westone UM3X
Oct 14, 2011 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Heartsmart

100+ Head-Fier
Hello! 

I am new on this forum and want some advice when it comes to which player to by. I want a good match to my Westone UM3X. Are there anyone with experience whith Westone UM3X and Hifiman players?

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, I have the HM-801 and didn't like it. But, a few days ago, I realized that the EQ was on ( The UI is weird ). I finally set it to "Normal" and just wow... I can hear the hype that this player has caused. I'd recommend the HM-801.

I haven't specifically used the HM-801 with the UM3X, but I do use it with my ES5's.

Oct 15, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 5
Thank you Tronz for your answer!

I have a hard time to decide between 601/2 and 801. The only disadvantages I can find whith 801 is price and size. Othereise its its the best for me of what I have reading of it. It would be nice to get the opportunity to test it before i by. But here in Sweden there is no dealer or anyone I know that even heard of it.

I am affraid thet the 801 is to big for a portable player. I travel alot. If I could find a used one for a good price i think a go for it. But right now I am leaning to the 601. I think that one is a good start för much less money.

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Thank you Tronz for your answer!
I have a hard time to decide between 601/2 and 801. The only disadvantages I can find whith 801 is price and size. Othereise its its the best for me of what I have reading of it. It would be nice to get the opportunity to test it before i by. But here in Sweden there is no dealer or anyone I know that even heard of it.
I am affraid thet the 801 is to big for a portable player. I travel alot. If I could find a used one for a good price i think a go for it. But right now I am leaning to the 601. I think that one is a good start för much less money.

Yea, the 601/2 would be a great choice if you travel a lot, since the HM-801 is well, pretty large. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back