Hifidiy cd transport kits...
Apr 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

audiojan

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a transport for my new MHDT Havana Balanced, and I stumbled upon the Hifidiy website. Clicking on the assembly instruction doesn't help much... a list of items and failed to load any photos, so none the wiser...

Anyone built any of these kits? What skills are required? How good/bad are the instructions? My soldering skills are crappy at best, but I'm mechanically inclined.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 5
Years ago I built one that as far as I know is still working. The documentation that comes with kit is better than what they have online, but still not great. I had complicating issues with my kit too. Basically, one of the packages of fasteners broke in transit so I had a lot of sorting and guessing to do during construction to figure out what worked where and what might be required somewhere else. Bottom line, for $500ish I think you'd do a lot better buying a used, dedicated transport.

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Hmmm... Never thought about that... Still needs to be user friendly... My wife will need to figure out how to use it and there will be no video display in the stereo room...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back