Hifi shops in Suzhou/Shanghai area?
Feb 24, 2018 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

olaeric

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have been reading in the forum and since it seems some members are in China I was wondering if you know where I can go to audition hifi equipment?

I’m interested in IFI audio for DAC/Amp and Mr Speakers, Audeze, Meze for headphones. Other shops of course also of interest. I don’t speak Chinese but i can get around without English if necessary.

I also saw that CanJam will come to Shanghai in November. I have never been to such show. Will it be possible to buy equipment on location?

Thanks in advance :)

Feb 24, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #2 of 11
I can't I can't help with Shanghai but if you make it to Beijing ever then let me know! Another option is to trawl Taobao and Tmall then directly wechat the stores and ask if you can audition - they might be able to tell you where to go.

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 11
I’m in Shanghai, and would like to know where to go as well. Even for cheap cables or tube headphone amps. Also would love to hear some of the well regarded Chinese made tube integrated amps that people speak highly of. Any help is appreciated.

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 11
Hey easily_amused. I'm heading to Beijing next week. Where should I go to shop for budget IEMs and accessories?

Thanks.

I usually go out to Zongguancun. It isn't the location of the best individual shop, rather it's a big electronics market with at least 3 headphone focused stores where you can try out a reasonably large variety of cans,s plus there's some more brand specialty stores like Senns and Beats.

Speaking some Chinese will definitely help, although my zhongwen is pretty crap and I manage to get by. To be honest though, these days I usually purchase directly from Taobao/TMall. One of the owners of a shop in Zongguancun is a wechat contact so I arrange to listen to certain headphones in advance. It's not always possible but most of the time she's able to get what I need.

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 11
Not much in Shanghai? When I’ve spoken to locals they say everyone orders stuff from taobao... :frowning2:

Curious about possibly hearing some tube amps made here. Not necessarily headphone amps.

Mar 18, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #9 of 11
In Shanghai there is a headphone store called Soundluck, they also have a taobao store. I visited the store a couple years ago, so I don't know if it is still open. I am headed to Shanghai this week and will try to stop by the store , I'll let you know if it's still there.

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #10 of 11
Sorry to revive this old thread, just wanted to post this map here for any people who will be in Shanghai sometime in the future. There are several really nice IEM/Headphone stores here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WEjv2Eagkhko1XTDRzuXL_WGkzblmx7j&usp=sharing

Soundluck - The most famous store. Has lots of variety, but the store is very small (like 1 room). The staff, in all honesty, isn't very nice (from my experience and Chinese reviews). However, they stock a lot of brands (including 64Audio, Campfire, Stax, Audeze, Sony, QDC, etc.)

Earsight - My personal favorite even though they don't so many brands. The first floor is a cafe, the second floor has IEMs, headphones, and amps/dacs for you to try out. The staff is very nice and the store has sofas and everything so you can just lounge around. (Brands include Campfire, Audeze, Sony , QDC etc.)

Earphone King - Has almost all IEMs (except Sony for some reason) and their own impressions service. Isn't as comfy as Earsight but definitely #1 for IEM fans. It is primarily tailored towards CIEMs so lots of niche custom brands.

Sounbar (previously Jaben) - Haven't been here before. It's located in the same building as earphone king so it's pretty convenient to visit both, however, from pictures online this is probably the worst looking headphone store in Shanghai. It looks like a remodeled pharmacy... no couches, no separate rooms, white walls, etc.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #11 of 11
Sorry to revive this old thread, just wanted to post this map here for any people who will be in Shanghai sometime in the future. There are several really nice IEM/Headphone stores here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WEjv2Eagkhko1XTDRzuXL_WGkzblmx7j&usp=sharing

Soundluck - The most famous store. Has lots of variety, but the store is very small (like 1 room). The staff, in all honesty, isn't very nice (from my experience and Chinese reviews). However, they stock a lot of brands (including 64Audio, Campfire, Stax, Audeze, Sony, QDC, etc.)

Earsight - My personal favorite even though they don't so many brands. The first floor is a cafe, the second floor has IEMs, headphones, and amps/dacs for you to try out. The staff is very nice and the store has sofas and everything so you can just lounge around. (Brands include Campfire, Audeze, Sony , QDC etc.)

Earphone King - Has almost all IEMs (except Sony for some reason) and their own impressions service. Isn't as comfy as Earsight but definitely #1 for IEM fans. It is primarily tailored towards CIEMs so lots of niche custom brands.

Sounbar (previously Jaben) - Haven't been here before. It's located in the same building as earphone king so it's pretty convenient to visit both, however, from pictures online this is probably the worst looking headphone store in Shanghai. It looks like a remodeled pharmacy... no couches, no separate rooms, white walls, etc.

Thank you for this, I am in Shanghai for 2 months and I want to check out the local stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back