hifi iem for pop/hiphop/rock/ vocals/piano. $350 limit. Reccomendations?
Dec 25, 2011 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Foodworx

New Head-Fier
So here's the rundown
I've lurked around here a lot, but this is the first time i created an account. just joined~! weeeeee 

I'm looking for daily use IEMs that have good build quality and fit and decent sound stage, primary concern is durability and SQ. they need to be able to take a light beating, but I do take care of my stuff. I used to use HF5s, but they fell out of my pocket and got trampled and im upgrading.  I listen pop/hip hop end and the occasional rock music and a bunch of piano pieces as well (not orchestral or symphonic, just piano). I'm willing to up to $400 but really prefer to stay lower. i dont really have expenses, im just really really anal about my checking balance.

its kind of zeroing in on westone 3s, maybe um3x, or mtp copper or ie8s but those are kind of too far on the bass side from what i've read. i considered re0's, se215's and whatnot, but leaning towards the level of SQ from higher end phones

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #10 of 13
Dec 25, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #13 of 13
so in the end i ended up picking up a pair of MTPCs :) thank you to everyone for their input! it really helped. and head-fi as a whole too. oodles of mind-numbing info :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back