HiFi Hock - New High-End Audio Classifieds Site
Nov 13, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #31 of 38
I just sold a pair of k701s on ebay, when I listed them a really neat feature was that I was able to search for what I wanted to list then just select it and it already had a lot of the details pre-filled out etc. Maybe if you made a system where sellers could add sortof generic items as they list them (like such and such headphone, such and such amplifier) and then add particular details about the unit that they are selling then you could generate all this data about items that could eventually make a similar system possible. The most useful thing about this to me would be that you could then add a feature where buyers could subscribe to an item and whenever the item they are interested in was being sold they could get a notification. This is probably a much bigger undertaking than the other things that were suggested but maybe something to think about in the long term.

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #32 of 38
b17m4p, I believe it'd be possible to implement "suggestive' search or search "assist" as it is called once the database gets bigger. I think this feature draws info from internal database but am not sure. I'll look into it. Have seen it and I agree with you, it'd be nice to have it. To implement the functionality into ad placing process may be similar... at this point I just don't know.

As for the second suggestion, there is such feature on the site already. It's called "notify me" and completely replaces WTB ads. Below is the excerpt from the "Help" page that talks about this feature and I also joke about a little and poke at others in my ad at: 6moons.com - product showcase: Hifi Hock

Love the first suggestion and will definitely look into it, already have the second one in place.

Appreciate your taking the time to make them.

Dragan
HiFi Hock
HiFi Hock: High-End Audio Auctions & Classifieds

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #33 of 38
In an effort to better serve our members and visitors, we are pleased to introduce a new site name, domain name and logo. Over the past few months, it became increasingly apparent that this change was necessary to allow us to implement new marketing strategies and advertising themes, as well as attract new business and new members. We have made great strides in continually growing and improving our site. We feel that the site's new layout, new user interface and all newly implemented features, together with rebranding, will help reaffirm our commitment to provide the audio community with exceptional service.

These changes will in no way affect existing member accounts and account credentials will remain the same. If you are backlinking and helping promote the site, please update your html code to reflect the new domain name - TheAudioXchange, TheAudioXchange: High-End Audio Auctions & Classifieds

It is our hope that the site will continue to evolve, attract new and keep the existing members. Our intention is that some day the site becomes a major gathering place for all audio enthusiasts out there.

Please check out the new, improved site and be sure to drop us a note and let us know what you think. We would like to thank you for your continued support as we go through this transition.

Dragan
TheAudioXchange

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #34 of 38
I'll be working on the feedback management next and will have it finished in a week or two. Specifically, we already have a full feedback system but only for the auctions side of the site. Not for classifieds. There, we only have voting system and it refers to listings, not members. The philosophy (read: code) behind it has to do with the way site tracks auction transactions and parties involved in them. All auction transactions are being handled "internally" from start to finish thus making seller/buyer "eligible" to leave feedback for one another.

Classifieds side isn't tracked as there is no meaningful way to do so. Only the initial contact between a buyer and a seller is done via the site but the rest takes place outside.

Regardless, due to a huge demand, I'm extending the current system to cover classifieds as well. Even though there will not be a transaction for site to use as reference (classifieds), members will be able to leave feedback for one another, without any arbitration on my part.

It is worth knowing that I'll have full control and should there be any issues, if requested, I'll come in as a self appointed "court" and try and help out.

To make things more fair, I'm thinking of establishing a body or a board if you will, to deal with disputes etc. Looking for your help and participation on this one so please, fire away.

Lot of things to consider... I appreciate your input.

Dragan
TheAudioXchange: High-End Audio Auctions & Classifieds

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In an effort to better serve our members and visitors, we are pleased to introduce a new site name, domain name and logo...

TheAudioXchange

Glad to see the name change. No offense, but "HiFi Hock" seemed like a cheesy sounding name for a site where people were looking to buy and sell multi-thousand dollar gear.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostonears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to see the name change. No offense, but "HiFi Hock" seemed like a cheesy sounding name for a site where people were looking to buy and sell multi-thousand dollar gear.

No offense taken. Since the inception I wondered about the word "hock", regardless of my intent to put forth "casual" and "relaxed" feeling about it. But the true connotation of the word remained and I thought, if I was going to change it, I should to do it now rather then later.

So far the response has been very positive.

Dragan
TheAudioXchange

Dec 17, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #38 of 38
Thank you Doc. It is shaping up just fine and soon the first newsletter will go out. It'll provide info on what's happening, what new is in the works and to "showcase" a member or two.

Content is what the site needs and soon I'll be sending out a letter to "drive" for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back