Hifi Headsets/headphones for games. which one should I buy?
Jan 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Erasius

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm currently looking to purchase a new headset/headphone for my PC which I will primarily use for games such as Battlefield 3, Counter-Strike and Arma2.

At first I was thinking about getting a 7.1/5.1 headset from companies such as Tritton/Razer/Astro since they are marketed towards gamers, but after looking on several forums I've found out that most audiophiles prefer stereo headsets/headphones with a dolby headphone soundcard such as the Asus Xonar series.

Here are some of the products I was interested in:

( With my onboard soundcard, 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec) )
Tritton AX 720+ ( 165 euro's )
Razer Tiamat ( 200 euro's )

( With any of the Asus Xonar dolby headphone soundcards )
Sennheiser PC350 ( comes with Asus Xonar Xense soundcard ) ( 217 euro's )
Sennheiser PC360 ( 135 euro's cheapest I could find, around 150-200 everywhere else )

Separate soundcard:
Xonar: D2 7.1

I'm not an audiophile, but I would like a nice surround sound headset/headphone which allows me to hear what is going on around me, such as enemies who try to sneak up on me.
But I find sound quality important aswell since games such as BF3 have great sound and I would like to hear that.

I haven't really looked into headphones with a seperate clip-on mic, this might be a good option but I do prefer a mic attached to the headphone since it is a bit more convenient.
As for music and movies: I'll probably just use my cheap logitech/ or TV speakers so it is not that important.

What would you recommend me to purchase ? maybe you have some alternative suggestions for headsets/phones/soundcards ?

other info : normal size head , max buget around 260 euro's.

Thank you for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back