Hidizs AP60
Apr 15, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #631 of 773
  There are video on Youtubel shows how to install the USB Audio20 windows driver and how to use it as DAC with the computer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avUnJtUlhyI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL3O0Yxxxs4&t=1s

thanks! I've successfully installed the driver on my PC and it works properly. a question please: does the hidizs ap60 have an over-charging protection? can i safely use the ap60 as USB DAC for prolonged time on my PC? or will it get hot or ruin the battery?

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #632 of 773

thanks! I've successfully installed the driver on my PC and it works properly. a question please: does the hidizs ap60 have an over-charging protection? can i safely use the ap60 as USB DAC for prolonged time on my PC? or will it get hot or ruin the battery?

It's OK, AP60 has an over-charging protection. 

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #633 of 773
I published our AP60 review earlier today. This unit - like any other DAP - has pros and cons. It's a tough segment with good sounding units such as the N3 and X1.2, but the AP60 has things they don't have, so yeah. Tough but a great transport 

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #635 of 773
  My Hidizs AP60 had arrived tho my Mac won't recognize it or its microSD.
Do I have to put the files into the microSD straightly?

Update firmware. I believe mine didn't work till that was done first.

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #639 of 773

well now that I can use it as DAC then I assume the problem is with the card.

Could it possibly the format of the card? If you have the SD Card reader on your Mac (laptop I assume), can you pop the MicroSD into that and reformat to Fat32 or EXFat?

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #640 of 773
my card is very likely damaged because no matter how I format it with Disk Utility or with diskutil command it always gave errors.
now my AP60 is running strong with my microSD from 2006 though its capcity is only 1GB lol
today I'm going to buy a new card. what's optimum card class for use anyway?

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #641 of 773
my card is very likely damaged because no matter how I format it with Disk Utility or with diskutil command it always gave errors.
now my AP60 is running strong with my microSD from 2006 though its capcity is only 1GB lol
today I'm going to buy a new card. what's optimum card class for use anyway?

Some DAP only read FAT32 Card. In this case, your 1GB is FAT32.
Any cards 64GB size and above are usually in exFAT format, which a number of DAPs don't read (I'm not sure about Hidizs AP60).
My experience on using the default format utilities from Windows or Mac will all come out with error.
You may want to try formatting using GUIFormat by Ridgecrop ( which I used with great success) before spending money on another card.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #642 of 773
I have to say I formatted it as FAT32 yet it failed to be formatted..
diskutil wasn't able to unmount the volume before formatting it.
I suspect the reasons being i) the filesystem or partition map have been damaged ii) there's some physical damage to the card
The card couldn't even be read or recognized by the machine unless I put "diskutil list" command (equivalent to "fdisk -l" in Linux) to list all the drives connected to my system.

But now that I've got a working card, I guess I'll just throw that card away.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #643 of 773
oh and with "diskutil list" the filesystem of the card was not identified. So I believe the card had some more serious problems.
 As you can see, first I put the card in and listed the drives. The card was recognized as disk2 though very strangely.
Then I pulled it out and listed the drive again to see if disk2 disappeared. 

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #644 of 773
Apr 23, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #645 of 773
Wasn't aware of this DAP prior to a few days ago. I was considering getting the N3 (and still am) however, this looks interesting as well. Does anyone have both the Cayin N3 and AP60? If so, how do they compare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back