Hidizs AP60
Apr 7, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #587 of 773

Good review, and I agree with most of it, its a great player.

Interesting how your findings with the battery life differ from my perception, think I'll do some measurements if I get chance over the weekend, I have 2 so will be interesting to see if they match yours or even each other, as my guess would be less than 7 hours but I've never accurately measured it.

(Edit - my guess was way off-
measurements looking to be considerably better than I expected - Update to follow!)

Do you think the firmware would make a difference to battery life at all (I'm still on pretty old firmware as have never updated).

Apr 7, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #588 of 773
Good review, and I agree with most of it, its a great player.

Interesting how your findings with the battery life differ from my perception, think I'll do some measurements if I get chance over the weekend, I have 2 so will be interesting to see if they match yours or even each other, as my guess would be less than 7 hours but I've never accurately measured it.

Do you think the firmware would make a difference to battery life at all (I'm still on pretty old firmware as have never updated).

Firmware can have a major impact on battery life. But you'll have to test it for yourself to get a definitive answer. Actually, since you're gonna be doing these tests anyways, it would be interesting to do the test with both new and older firmware. 

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #589 of 773

AP60 with protective case.
basshead.gif

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #590 of 773
After reading the review from @TheoS53 and being somewhat surprised at the findings of 12 hours+ playback time, I decided to do my own timings.

My perception had been around 7 hours. However, I mostly used it to drive the Walnut as an amp, often on high gain, and usually charging when it had been on 1 bar for a bit.

So here goes. Low gain, through my Monk+ Espresso, which are 64 ohms, not massively difficult to drive but not exactly low impedence either. Volume was the loud end of listening volume, ranging from 55 to 63 out of 80 depending on the recording.

Outcome - 12 hours 19 minutes!

Really surprised, I've been doing it quite a disservice battery-life wise.

Interestingly, I was down to 3 bars from 4 in less than 2 hours, and down to the last remaining bar within 8 hours. But it just kept running and running!

So..the charge indicator isn't massively accurate, and more importantly, running time is pretty good after all!

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #593 of 773
After reading the review from @TheoS53 and being somewhat surprised at the findings of 12 hours+ playback time, I decided to do my own timings.

My perception had been around 7 hours. However, I mostly used it to drive the Walnut as an amp, often on high gain, and usually charging when it had been on 1 bar for a bit.

So here goes. Low gain, through my Monk+ Espresso, which are 64 ohms, not massively difficult to drive but not exactly low impedence either. Volume was the loud end of listening volume, ranging from 55 to 63 out of 80 depending on the recording.

Outcome - 12 hours 19 minutes!

Really surprised, I've been doing it quite a disservice battery-life wise.

Interestingly, I was down to 3 bars from 4 in less than 2 hours, and down to the last remaining bar within 8 hours. But it just kept running and running!

So..the charge indicator isn't massively accurate, and more importantly, running time is pretty good after all!

Nexus6 Spotify>Bluetooth-DAC ap60>smsl M2> get between 4-5h

damn!
from 4 to 12 hours ... that's quite a large range ... !
btw, my BT is turned of.
@flamesofarctica where did you buy your AP60?

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #594 of 773
damn!
from 4 to 12 hours ... that's quite a large range ... !
btw, my BT is turned of.
@flamesofarctica where did you buy your AP60?

The seller who must not be named, on 11/11 sale last year. The difference doesn't surprise me, if the other poster is using via Bluetooth. Its only a small player, so any additional factors (using Bluetooth or harder to drive headphones) might make a fair bit of difference. I don't think I usually get that long (I normally link to Walnut to play ear buds with higher inpedence), but I usually don't let it wind right down to zero bars. This was to do a fair test as a standalone player just out of interest, and I was pretty pleased it gave the published run time

Apr 11, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #595 of 773
How is 35mW @ 32Ohm compared to 80mw @ 16Ohm
Is it higher?
Is it more powerful than a standard smartphone, say, an iPhone?
Thanks in advance!

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #597 of 773
when used as DAC on pc, does it have an option to disable charging? also can it output digital coax from the 3.5mm headphone out?

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #598 of 773
when used as DAC on pc, does it have an option to disable charging? also can it output digital coax from the 3.5mm headphone out?

No, it will charge when plugged in to the PC. No, no output as Dig Coax. You might want to look at a Cayin N3...but that will not output Dig Coax and charge at same time (as you will need to use the USB-C port for Dig Coax out). The Fiio X5iii will allow for charging and Dig Coax out at the same time though. I'd only see a use case for that as a "converter" then, and at that point, you might as well look for a USB to Digital Coax converter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back