HiBy R8 II - HiBy's New High-End DAP
Dec 7, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #31 of 526
Cheap ugly clear case to show that Alcantara back.
It seems like Hiby did not learn from the mistakes of the Hiby R6 P2 case buttons either. This one looks exactly the same and I’m afraid will have the same issue of buttons being pressed accidentally when case is on.

At least the R6P2 has a stylish design and a premium leather case.

Hiby R8 II - an awesome device let down by poor design choices ?
You're a ray of sunshine today 🤭 How about we wait for someone to actually have one of these in hand before casting aspersions on usability and design choices?

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #32 of 526
Personally, I love the Alcantara back. I don't use my DAPs with cases and having the back covered in a soft material will make it much friendlier when putting it down on hard surfaces. This is HiBy's finest looking device to me, even topping the R6 Pro II, which was already a work of art and a much needed change in industrial design from the de facto black rectangles.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #33 of 526
This is HiBy's finest looking device to me, even topping the R6 Pro II, which was already a work of art and a much needed change in industrial design from the de facto black rectangles.
I liked the bulky, angular form factor of R8/RS8/R6. This new boutique look isn't for me.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #35 of 526
Do we know price yet? I’m tempted!

Dec 7, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #38 of 526
You're a ray of sunshine today 🤭 How about we wait for someone to actually have one of these in hand before casting aspersions on usability and design choices?

You said the same in the EE thread when the first 2 Ravens broke and I said it’s a design flaw. Look what happened, they ended up replacing all of them.

Some things are obvious, even from paper and photos. Nevertheless calm down. We’re just commenting on the cosmetics. No one said anything about its functionality or performance.

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #39 of 526
On thing I'm happy to see is more of focus on doing things differently. If I'm not mistaken, R8ii is implementing their own delta Sigma dac right?

Dec 8, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #41 of 526
I liked the bulky, angular form factor of R8/RS8/R6. This new boutique look isn't for me.
Yeah I can relate, i LOVE the though bricklike exterior of my RS8.
And i am kinda concerned about the alcantara backplate...though maybe new hardware means very optimized heat management?

Dec 10, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #42 of 526
006KWzx5ly4hkmlivol8mj30ri1kewkx.jpg

Dec 10, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #43 of 526
cant believe the new design, doesnt look like a hiby dap etc... hope hiby keep the same r5 gen2 design if they gonna release the r5 gen3 with 2sds slots and same 2.5mm outputs otherwise hiby might as well get out the business lol

Dec 10, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #44 of 526
Ok, that's some really impressive play time, I must say. Now, provided there is no crazy battery drain even when the device is off, like people have reported with the R8, this may just be a good investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back