Hiby R5 Audio Settings
Sep 8, 2022 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Xhiandrei1429

New Head-Fier
Hi, I have a Hiby R5 and I'm using a Massdrop Plus Universal as the IEM, connected wired to the 3.5mm audio jack.

I just wanted to ask, what are the correct audio settings I should manage through the Android Settings for a much cleaner and smooth sound output. Also, is there anything I can do to have a much clearer vocals or much better, a flat tuning. Same thing with the Hiby Settings, can anyone tell me if there are options or settings I can fiddle in there?

Thanks!

Sep 11, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 6
what are you looking to do with them? seems like your are trying to EQ them

Sep 11, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 6
Also, what apps are you using to play music? Streaming services? Local files?

I am still getting to know my Hiby r5 gen 2 (similar device to your r5) but my understanding is that different apps have different methods of EQing. For example the Hiby app appears to have its own 10-band equalizer, while Spotify's EQ option seems to launch the native snapdragon Equalizer, which is only a 5 band.

Sep 12, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 6
Also, what apps are you using to play music? Streaming services? Local files?

I am still getting to know my Hiby r5 gen 2 (similar device to your r5) but my understanding is that different apps have different methods of EQing. For example the Hiby app appears to have its own 10-band equalizer, while Spotify's EQ option seems to launch the native snapdragon Equalizer, which is only a 5 band.
What I'm using is the Hiby app itself using local FLAC files as well.

Sep 17, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi, I just want to make the sound of music much more smooth. Like clutter free music if possible. And make sure that vocals are a bit understandable.
I'm not sure we can be much help here without knowing more about what your ears are hearing that you want to fix. "Smooth" is a pretty general term, and while EQ can bring vocals more forward in the mix it's generally not going to be able to fix a mix that seems cluttered to your ears.

I'd recommend watching some youtube videos explaining what can be achieved with EQ and how. Here's a good one, but Crinacle and other popular headphone channels have good informations as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back