HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Apr 9, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #676 of 872
Apr 10, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #677 of 872

In my experience TuneMyMusic does work better despite the fact that Soundiiz appears to be more slick and responsive service.

Linsoul replied to my complaint about R2 II battery issues and it looks like I'll be sending it back, since I don't really believe resetting to factory settings would help much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230410-114613_Gmail.png
    Screenshot_20230410-114613_Gmail.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 16, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #678 of 872
From time to time, the player completely forget the settings. It doesn't happens always but still it is strange because it happens when the battery is still charged. For example, I turn on the R2 II, and the gapless playback, playing through the folders, filter settings etc. which were checked before last time turning off, are reset and turned off. Previous settings are forgotten. So, I need every time to go first to check the settings, before listening to the music. As I said, it doesn't happen every single time, but still it is bothering to start listening to the music, to find out that gapless playback is again switched off.

Apr 24, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #679 of 872
I've experienced the same terrible issue today
Unexpectedly VERY loud sound after pressing the power button (music was playing at this time)
So if you care about your ears, I don't recommend you to buy this device. I don't believe that they will fix it with firmware update.

Apr 24, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #681 of 872
I've been using mine since 23 march without any serious issue (except battery draining few times) but this random loud noise has made me very upset today
And the thing is it looks like random stuff. I was trying to reproduce it some time and no results
So now I'm just scarry a bit because it's dangerous and unpredictable

Apr 24, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #683 of 872
Apr 25, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #684 of 872
I've had those battery problems with my R5 Saber.
I've sent it twice to China from Europe. The first time they "repaired" the unit. After some weeks, the unit started to fail again.
The second time they sent me a new unit. It has worked well for some months, but since a week ago the battery problems have appeared again.

After reading that the R2 has the same problems, I'm sorry to say I'm done with Hiby. Great sounding products, but very low build quality.

Apr 25, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #685 of 872
I received my R2 II on 23/3.
Haven't had any battery issues so far. It's off most of the time as I use it just 4-5 hrs a day.
The only thing I didn't like till now is the silver volume pod with the white device. They should have painted it white as well just like the red and black ones. The silver volume pod with white seems kinda cheap.

Apr 25, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #686 of 872
Not a single crash on my end and I've been using it daily for almost a week.

I found a thing that bugs me, though. The music player suffers from dementia - it not only doesn't remember WHERE it left off, but also WHAT it was playing after being connected to a PC in mass storage mode. Pretty irritating, especially if you listen to some longer podcasts.
Try this setting if it helps you.

Settings wheel icon>Resume play from last>Position or Track whatever you prefer.

Apr 29, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #688 of 872
Can the R2 II display different artwork per track even if the tracks are associated with the same album and in the same album folder? I have some tracks (both mp3 and flac) that in have ID3 tagged with different artwork per track.

May 2, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #689 of 872
Took the R2 II as my solely player for an 8-days extensive trip. Sound quality, both over bluetooth and wired, was very good.
The battery, at the beginning was doing really great, I even thought that it keeps very well or drains slowly. Until I woke up one morning and got a message that the player was completely discharged over night, although it had more than 30% of battery when I turned it off. So there are two possibilities: either the battery meter is not precise, showing at the beginning slower decline and drops suddenly towards the end, or more probably, there is something (weather, humidity, hardware issue...) which causes the R2 II to have excessive discharging while turned off. Btw. when I came back home, turned on both my MacBooks, and the battery was still 99% charged after 8 days.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #690 of 872
I also had one occurrence of the R2-II being completely discharged overnight. I’m waiting for a second occurrence to measure with a USB meter how much energy is needed to recharge the battery: I want to know whether the battery is indeed completely discharged or it is just the battery meter that is wrong.
I would add another possible explanation: under some (rare?) circumstances, the R2-II may not shutdown or idle correctly and completely. I noticed that the time it takes to shutdown varies depending on…something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back