HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Apr 6, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #661 of 872
There must be some size limit for the album arts, which I haven't encountered with any other similar player yet.

Probably 900 x 900. Hiby R3 Pro has this limitation.

Apr 6, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #662 of 872
LMS with upnp bridge plugin - DLNA on R2 - WiFi. LMS control using Material skin plugin.
Confirmed it works with the R2-II :ksc75smile: Right now, it stops at the end of each track, which appears to be a common issue with UPnP: have you been able to solve this and if yes, how?
One think I did not realize is that, since it "points" the R2-II player to another source (different from the SD card), it means that things such as MSEB and EQ are enabled (unlike AirPlay).

Apr 6, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #663 of 872
Confirmed it works with the R2-II :ksc75smile: Right now, it stops at the end of each track, which appears to be a common issue with UPnP: have you been able to solve this and if yes, how?
One think I did not realize is that, since it "points" the R2-II player to another source (different from the SD card), it means that things such as MSEB and EQ are enabled (unlike AirPlay).
I haven't seen the stop you mention. I used the default config but set the HTTP mode to fixed.

Apr 8, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #666 of 872
What's more, HiBy deleted my post on HiBy User Group on Facebook in which I reported that something is going on.

"Post został usunięty" means: The post was removed.
1680957746110.png

Apr 8, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #669 of 872
What's more, HiBy deleted my post on HiBy User Group on Facebook in which I reported that something is going on.

Total fail. Reason enough to stay away from Hiby altogether 👎

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #671 of 872
DSD output mode in the settings is grayed out. Not possible to change it, showing always „pcm“ as output. Another one on the list for next firmware.
Appears to be intentional:

R2 (and R3-Pro 2022): when no HP is connected, the R2 switches to “coax” mode, and “DSD output mode” is grayed out. As soon as you connect something, the option is enabled. You may have to exit the player settings and come back.

R2-II behaves differently: you can only change the “DSD output mode” when it’s in “coax” mode, or nothing is connected.

Not sure about the logic though…

Apr 9, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #673 of 872
Appears to be intentional:

R2 (and R3-Pro 2022): when no HP is connected, the R2 switches to “coax” mode, and “DSD output mode” is grayed out. As soon as you connect something, the option is enabled. You may have to exit the player settings and come back.

R2-II behaves differently: you can only change the “DSD output mode” when it’s in “coax” mode, or nothing is connected.

Not sure about the logic though…
Thanks a lot for the advice! It worked out.
So that means that there is no unified HiBy OS implementation, if it behaves differently on different devices.

Still trying to figure out, how to be able to listen to my entire Tidal library Including all my playlists, and not just only the same 4 shown playlists over and over again.
Is the R3 Pro Saber better for that matter?

Apr 9, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #674 of 872
I hope it comes soon, because yesterday I experienced another overnight (to be exact: I left it off for over 25 hours) battery drain. From 73% to 1%.
Same battery drain issue. Not so huge, but certainly it happens when devise is off. Battery life also less than declared 15h. It's about 7-10h actually

Apr 9, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #675 of 872
OK, I think I figured out about the missing playlists in Tidal. Found the information on the R3 forum and applied it to the R2 II and it works.
It seems that the problem is on the Tidal's side or how Tidal communicates with the HiBy OS. As I have Apple Music and Spotify subscriptions, beside Tidal, I often copy and transfer playlists between them using the Soundiiz. It seems that imported playlists are for some reasons not recognized, only the one which were originally made in the Tidal app. So, following the advice from the R3 thread, I copied all songs from the imported playlist to a newly created playlist and all of a sudden the playlist was visible in the R2 II. Now just need to repeat it with all other playlists as well and then entire Tidal library will be visible and accessible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back