HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Oct 18, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #526 of 872
I put microSD card in R2 and my smart with music files in DSD and PCM.

Via bluetooth, I tested sending by 192 kHz (UAT, 1.2M) from the smart to the R2 and SU9. Both worked very well, without interruptions. Including streaming with Tidal and Qobuz was also excellent.

Integrated - Denon PMA 2000 IVR
Books - Dynaudio DM 2/7
Dac - SMSL SU9
Dap/dac - Hiby R2
Sacd/cd player - Denon 1940ci
BDP - Sony
TV decoder - 4k

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #528 of 872
Do you have any indication on your WH2 box or manual that whether you have single dynamic configuration or dual BA configuration? It is supposed to be dual BA with WH2 & R2 bundle but I can't confirm because configuration is not written anywhere. Also since you started with LDAC, have you been able to compare it to UAT?

You can tell which version of WH2 you have by looking at the color of the screens in the ends of the "output" holes. Dual BA will be silver, Dynamic will be gold.

I still haven't tried UAT yet, but from what I'm reading here I gather the R2 and WH2 use different (incompatible) versions of UAT. I also have an R3 Pro, but have only tried that with LDAC also.

Oct 28, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #529 of 872
I still haven't tried UAT yet, but from what I'm reading here I gather the R2 and WH2 use different (incompatible) versions of UAT. I also have an R3 Pro, but have only tried that with LDAC also.
Yes this was the explanation I got too. They said that UAT is one protocol and there is another for UAT TWS. So the most you'll get with the R2 and WH2 for now is LDAC. This may change in future firmware upgrades.

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #532 of 872
Really simple question about the R2: Can you QUICKLY navigate SD card contents? My FiiO FX1221 has been great for sound quality, but nearly useless as it comes to navigating the big microSD card contents with it's fiddly touch-dial that is not tunable for sensitivity. I'm ready for a divorce! I do stream so the R2 has that appeal as well. But if I spend more than 15 seconds or so going to a specific artist in my library, I'm not going to be happy. Does the R2 fit the bill?

Nov 23, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #533 of 872
Really simple question about the R2: Can you QUICKLY navigate SD card contents? My FiiO FX1221 has been great for sound quality, but nearly useless as it comes to navigating the big microSD card contents with it's fiddly touch-dial that is not tunable for sensitivity. I'm ready for a divorce! I do stream so the R2 has that appeal as well. But if I spend more than 15 seconds or so going to a specific artist in my library, I'm not going to be happy. Does the R2 fit the bill?

here's a quick look at the ui. it can be kinda clunky if you have larger fingers like i do, but it's still pretty responsive. song switching is instant, but for me the album cover lags a second behind on the playing screen.

Dec 2, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #534 of 872
Because tons of folks asked about the Beans IEMs in this thread, I thought this viddy may help, especially since they are made by the same company, and made to go well with R2:

If you're looking for an entry-level IEM with a good detachable cable, and good comfort, also allowing for straight-down wearing style, then the Beans from HiBy Music should be a top choice for you!!

I made a full video review about those, with my usual comedy, and hopefully even better background music to keep you entertained!

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #535 of 872
I ended up purchasing a used LG V30 phone and it has everything I’m looking for. My FiiO FX1221 will be for sale soon!

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #536 of 872
Just received the R2. Useful tips in this forum.
Currently using it as an airplay receiver with logitech media server - plays most live radio streams and Spotify.

I messed with the Theme settings. Any way to get back to the default theme?

Edit: found the setting!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #537 of 872
Anyone using Tidal and the track being cut off at the end,like a few seconds before it ends and skipped to the next one? It happens all the time for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back