Hiby FC3 Portable DAC&AMP, MQA Compatible
Feb 20, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #61 of 220
Forget about 300ohms, but this should drive 150ohms relatively well? I'm deciding between this and the DF Cobalt. Decisions, decisions...
This drives even 600 ohms pretty well. Draws power like crazy tho, just noticed.

Mar 1, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #63 of 220
My FC3 finally arrived today. Took a full 30 days to reach me here in Canada. Lesson learned: spring for the express shipping option instead of the free one.

Haven't had a tonne of time to play with it just yet but it was recognised instantly by UAPP on my Pixel 3a XL and is decoding MQA files without issue. No problem driving my HD650s (but then they aren't that challenging to drive anyway).

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #64 of 220
iPhone user here. You guys are mentionning UAPP to play from Tidal MQA. Doesn't it work directly with the Tidal app?

I connect it to my iPhone and it shows purple light when streaming master albums. I have no way to know if it's 4x unfold though.

HibyMusic App looks cheap but plays DSD and flac very well. Couldn't enable the purple light playing MQA files with the HibyMusic app, capped to 16/44.

EQ and MSEB are pairing good with the dongle.

Mar 15, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #67 of 220
iPhone user here. You guys are mentionning UAPP to play from Tidal MQA. Doesn't it work directly with the Tidal app?
[snip]
I didn't spend a tonne of time playing with things on my Pixel 3a but I found that when playing MQA tracks through the FC3, I could get the purple light via UAPP but if I played those same tracks using the Tidal native app, I only got a green light. So I *think* that the native Tidal app doesn't necessarily fully support bit-perfect output (at least not via the FC3).

But I was already a UAPP user even before purchasing this USB DAC so it's not a big deal to me and I didn't spend a lot of time investigating trying to get the Tidal app working.

Mar 15, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #68 of 220
I have no way to know if it's 4x unfold though.
Yes, everything is working well
I have a paw s1 also.good that there is screen and he showing all info there.
Via tidal app 4x unfold

my Pixel 3a but I found that when playing MQA tracks through the FC3
Yes, on Android is different. Only Uapp with usb dacs. When you use tidal,sound going via Android. With uuap direct to dac
Cheers!

Mar 20, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #69 of 220
Are there any pops or clicks with sensitive iems when using this as usb dac for pc/laptop? Currently my sonata HD, samsung dongle get these pops when stopping music on youtube for example. Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #70 of 220
Received mine on Friday, sounded good, but broke on the second day, there is an incredible amount of noise, the voltage regulator is probably broken.
The otg cable was also non-functional

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #71 of 220
The FC3 arrived.
VERY disappointed.
comparing to the Periodic Audio Rhodium its absolutely ridiculous. the FC3 gives almost no audible change compares to my OMEN laptop's onboard soundcard, while the Rhodium made such a huge impact in every aspect, and its even 19$ cheaper.... I don't know if the FC3 is horrible or the Rhodium is just absolutely amazing.

Paired with Audeze LCD-GX.

Apr 12, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #72 of 220
Is this better than the tempotec sonata hd pro?
yes, at least I noticed a big difference
both in quality and delivery the presentation of the music
for what it's worth, it's fine for me

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #73 of 220
Fc3 vs Shanling UP4 anyone?

Apr 30, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #74 of 220
I recently bought one and it sounds really amazing! It drives my HD650 quite easily. :)

I have 2 concerns though. I would like to know if you guys have the same experience:

1- I couldn't find a way to keep the dongle constantly on. What's happening to me is that quite often when in between tracks the dongle shutdowns for a fraction of a second (red light), then when comes the next track in the playlist the dongle automatically turns on again, doing this fade in so that I lose the beginning of the song (around 1 second).
2- I couldn't find a way to turn off this annoying fade in.

Apr 30, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #75 of 220
I recently bought one and it sounds really amazing! It drives my HD650 quite easily. :)

I have 2 concerns though. I would like to know if you guys have the same experience:

1- I couldn't find a way to keep the dongle constantly on. What's happening to me is that quite often when in between tracks the dongle shutdowns for a fraction of a second (red light), then when comes the next track in the playlist the dongle automatically turns on again, doing this fade in so that I lose the beginning of the song (around 1 second).
2- I couldn't find a way to turn off this annoying fade in.
That's not an issue of the dongle but your device. It only switches to red if the audio stream is cut (not even playing silence). Try a different device or music app!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back