Hiby FC3 Portable DAC&AMP, MQA Compatible
Feb 6, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #46 of 220
Based on my experience i can recommend the sonata hd pro.. But i hate that it has a micro usb slot. (it's not expensive $30 - $40)

One thing attracted me to the fc3 is that it has a usb-c slot.. Which is a joy to use compared to micro usb.

What i can say that the fc3 is a new device.. And i haven't really able to differentiate the quality of the two devices. maybe I'll post a sound quality comparison in the future.
That would be very cool!

Feb 7, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #48 of 220
This got me interested. Can it power 300ohms decently?
I don't think it will have enough power. 300ohms is generally too much for any dongles IMO.

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #49 of 220
Feb 7, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #50 of 220
Feb 7, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #51 of 220
I'm very interested in this dongle. Can anyone tell me what it is like versus the Zorloo Ztella MQA DAC?

Feb 8, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #52 of 220
I'm very interested in this dongle. Can anyone tell me what it is like versus the Zorloo Ztella MQA DAC?
They have the same one chip solution so will sound similar, but I heard the Ztella breaks fast, thats why I got this one with better build quality

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #54 of 220
I have received my FC3 today. Its a cute little device. But sadly it doesn't work with my phones neither with LG G8X nor with LG V20. I have tried with HIBY Music app in Exclusive USB mode as also with UAPP. None of them seem to recognise the device. I have also tried other USB C to C which works well with my other USB DACs but fails here.
What happens is whenever I plugin the USB C in my phone the light glows up sequentially in all the colours and then goes off when it should glow RED. The sound comes from the phone. The USB device is shown connected in POWER SUPPLY mode. I tried to change to MIDI mode but nothing happens.
Can anybody help?

Edit: Finally could make it work. The device needs to be fitted with the load (i.e., the earphone) to be recognised by the smartphone and the apps. You take out the earphone, the light goes off.

So you need to plug in a headphone then? Can't just use it for the DAC to process and then the phone to send music over LDAC to Bluetooth headset?

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #55 of 220
So you need to plug in a headphone then? Can't just use it for the DAC to process and then the phone to send music over LDAC to Bluetooth headset?

Yes the DAC isn't functional if no load is connected. Secondly, if the DAC would have been functional it couldn't have sent the processed data back to phone to transfer it over BT since it is wired device. This DAC is not having BT transmission capabilities. For this purpose one need a BT DAC/AMP like FIIO BTR5 as far as my knowledge goes. Experts can throw more light on the subject though.

Feb 10, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #57 of 220
Can anyone tell me if the FC3 is powerful enough to drive my Final e5000 earphones with iPhone? I’m not too good on the technical stuff! Thank you in advance.

The tempotec sonata hd pro is more than enough to drive a 20 ohm earphones
(Some people even use 300 ohm with that device but expect don't expect it to be driven with full potential) , that being said.. The Hiby FC3 is more powerful than the tempotec sonada hd pro and it even comes with a better volume control.

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #58 of 220
The tempotec sonata hd pro is more than enough to drive a 20 ohm earphones
(Some people even use 300 ohm with that device but expect don't expect it to be driven with full potential) , that being said.. The Hiby FC3 is more powerful than the tempotec sonada hd pro and it even comes with a better volume control.
Thank you very much for that speedy response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back