Hi
Jan 30, 2024 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MrFatPants

New Head-Fier
In 2002 I had a walkman cd player with 40 second antiskip and a pair of $40 single dynamic driver in ear buds all from best buy.

I remember them being amazing and after losing them I've never had a home audio experience that compared to that set up.

I'm trying to find a set up that meets or beats those as a daily driver

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 5
In 2002 I had a walkman cd player with 40 second antiskip and a pair of $40 single dynamic driver in ear buds all from best buy.

I remember them being amazing and after losing them I've never had a home audio experience that compared to that set up.

Cool, that's literally everything, so it should be easy!

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm not so sure since them I've purchased a few speakers and headphone with good reviewstthat, to my ears, sucked.

The most recent of which is a pair of 7hertz timeless, which seems to get great reviews, that sounds like crap to me.
True, those aren't great. Depending on budget, try the Truthear HEXA or the Aful performer 8

Jan 31, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 5

I still have my first sony walkman cd player. Older, 3 second anti skip?? hehe. I still have my original sony mdrv headphones from that setup too. I also had sony earbuds that i loved. This was late 90s to early 2000s.Maybe the sony curve is what is amazing to you. Also possible that in 22 years, what you remember is how your younger ears heard.

I will say...i got a fair amount of headphones i like...2021 lcd-x, slate vsx, aeon closed x, sennheiser hd400 pro. The ones i go to get that feeling of my old sony earbuds....no joke...my samsung galaxy buds 2. A lot of currently marketed to regular folks( non audiophile) earbuds have that feel of older earbuds i remember.

Maybe something like that would have a frequency response more like you remember on your old sonys. I hope you find something that gives you that feeling. I find it funny that my sorta cheap Bluetooth earbuds...they really do rock just as hard as any of my full size headphones, just a different feel.

Welcome aboard too btw!

20220327_140539.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back