Hi,
Sep 11, 2014 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rickteow0830

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a all type music headphones. Guys,i need a help. Which headphones is more suitable for me (newbie). Beyerdynamite custom one pro nicer or dr dre beats? And what meaning about ohm?

Please help me.Thanks Guys

Sep 11, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 4
I worry that you won't find too much help if you don't specify your budget, musical preferences (genres and signature, like if you like more or less bass).

Ohm is a unit of electrical resistance. It tell us how much current (flow of electrons) goes with given voltage (force that pushes these electrons). In realm of headphones that means how much power amplifier will be able to put into them, which is exchanged into sound by headphone drivers. Usually amplifiers can put more power into lower impedance drivers (like 30ohm), but that's not an absolute rule, for example some tube amps can put more power into high impedances like 600ohms. Also some people argue that higher impedance will give you better sound quality (better damping of resonances), so as long as you have enough power, it's better to aim for highest headphone impedance, and lowest amplifier output impedance.

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi,ieee754.
My budget is around $200 ~ $300. Generally more prefer this few singer.
Passenger
Bruno Mars
The wanted
Taylor swift
Demi lovato
One direction
Christina perri
3 doors down

If I take the beyerdynamic custom one pro with 16 ohm,izit suitable for me? And I have to add on amplifier too?

Thanks again Mr ieee754

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 4
I recommend looking at this guide first:
http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

It explains necessary differences between types of headphones and lists recommended headphones by budget, also it contains information if you will need amplifier for specific headphone or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back