Hi-Res Portable Player that can stream music to a modern BMW with Bluetooth ?
Feb 6, 2017 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tiesto141141

Head-Fier
Hello, 

Currently own a modern BMW car with latest iDrive software and I'm looking for a bluetooth portable player that can stream my lossless music to my car easily, the new iPod nano can do that, well... that's not a portable player :D

Any one has experience about that or know products that can do that ?

Thanks !

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 3
BMW has a pretty decent mp3 player built in, so all you need is a USB memory stick with your music loaded.
Playing lossless in a car will not give you any quality advantage, not even if you have the optional Harman Kardon speakers. There's simply too much noise and the cabin acoustic is far from ideal. In fact what I do for my car playlist is volume leveling and a bit of dynamic compression of the entire playlist - and that works fantastic in the car.
I have tried playing music over bluetooth in a recent X6 and it couldn't handle the bandwidth. Now I have a 5 series and it copes better, but seriously I prefer the convenience and reliability of a memory stick.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 3
  BMW has a pretty decent mp3 player built in, so all you need is a USB memory stick with your music loaded.
Playing lossless in a car will not give you any quality advantage, not even if you have the optional Harman Kardon speakers. There's simply too much noise and the cabin acoustic is far from ideal. In fact what I do for my car playlist is volume leveling and a bit of dynamic compression of the entire playlist - and that works fantastic in the car.
I have tried playing music over bluetooth in a recent X6 and it couldn't handle the bandwidth. Now I have a 5 series and it copes better, but seriously I prefer the convenience and reliability of a memory stick.

Thanks for your answer, it saves me a lot of money..  I thought that streaming lossless music through high end PAD could help but memory stick will do good :)

Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back