Hi, please suggest me some best bang for the bucks earphones/iems for just $100 budget
Mar 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

vziera

New Head-Fier
My picks so far:
- Klipsch S4i
- Denon AH-C 560R
- Either A-jays one plus or T-jays three/four
- Vsonic GR06
- Brainwavz m2/m3/m4
- Altec Lansing MZX606
- what not

Unsure which one is the best for my budget, please help!
thank you

ps: best allround sounding

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #3 of 18

Quote:
My picks so far:
- Klipsch S4i
- Denon AH-C 560R
- Vsonic GR06
- Brainwavz m2/m3/m4
- Altec Lansing MZX606
- what not

thank you

I've got the S4, M4, and GR06. The GR06 is the one that stands out in that list because it possess quite a different sound signature than all the other phones you listed. It really depends on what sound signature you are looking for because "best" is subjective and can vary depending on what you are looking for in terms sound. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 18
@kckc:
Well, I'm looking for one around my budget which has the most realistic sound possible, meaning that the sound produced has to sound like in real life if not close. I want one of those allrounders many people been talking about. What do you mean by "different sound signature"? is it some kind like artificial, inauthentic? which one do you prefer?

@jeremypsp:
Thank you for the info :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 18

Quote:
@kckc:
Well, I'm looking for one around my budget which has the most realistic sound possible, meaning that the sound produced has to sound like in real life if not close. I want one of those allrounders many people been talking about. What do you mean by "different sound signature"? is it some kind like artificial, inauthentic? which one do you prefer?

@jeremypsp:
Thank you for the info :)

No problem :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:
My picks so far:
- Klipsch S4i
- Denon AH-C 560R
- Vsonic GR06
- Brainwavz m2/m3/m4
- Altec Lansing MZX606
- what not

thank you

Recently I bought the M4 at discount and had the GR06 since last year. IMHO, GR06 is quite versatile and can handle most music genres. Its lush, fun and warm, has slight forward mids. With the slight V-shape frequency, M4 is more suitable for rock music coz the live concerts of Kings of Leon & the Killers sounded very good on them. Overall I prefer the sound signature of GR06, quite an all-rounder.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #7 of 18

Quote:
@kckc:

All headphones, earphones have different sound signatures, such as being bassy or bright. You should check out this page if you haven't already as it should give you a good idea of all the different sound signatures. If you want an all-rounder, then you should probably go with the GR06 from your list; the other phones you listed such as the S4 and C-560 are all quite bassy. Personally, I prefer the M4 as it has a more of a V-shape response, but we may have different preferences in sound. 

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #13 of 18
Don't forget to burn in the GR07 though. They do sound very good out of the box, but it can improve (most noticeably is sibilance toning down) after burn in. 100 hours should do the trick. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back