Hi Newbie needs cable advice and bag..Please
Dec 26, 2005 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

robster

500+ Head-Fier
Hello-I'm a new member to this forum. so Howdee! I just ordered a Ray Samuels "Hornet" headphone amp. should arrive in 2 days. So now I need a mini cable to connect to the amp to my iPod 5G Video. 6-moons review used an Ear Candy cable but cost is over $110. I would like a cable for under $100 that is under 10 inches long. I also plan on carrying my iPod in a belly style bag with amp and ipod in same bag so the cable can't be very long. I also ordered a pocketdock from send station to hook my Shure e4c canal earphones to. What portable bag do you reccommend that I can either hook around my belly or clip to my belt. Headamp has some but they are sort of bland looking.
Looking forward to spending time on this forum. I post earlier and folks have been very helpful and kind.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all.

Robert

Dec 26, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 4
I went to Best Buy with my Hornet and iPod and tried on Camera bags.

I did find one for about $9 that holds the Hornet snugly in the front pocket, and has plenty of room in the rear pocket for the iPod and my ETY case. It has shoulder strap and belt loop.

I used a soldering iron to make a nice hole at the bottom of the fabric that divides the 2 pockets to make a hole to pass my Cardas Mini to Mini cable through. A 6" model was perfect for the job.

In the rear pocket I attached some sticky back velcro to the bag and iPod to keep it all in place.
Todd R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back