Hi (new member)
Jun 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

madic

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Well what can I say, i've been lurking this forum for a few months now spending a few hours every time. It started with me listening to some music of my crappy laptop speakers when all of a sudden i just felt really unsatisfied about the sound, it really really irritated me. So i looked for some good quality headphones and one thing led to another and as it turns out I cant stop reading different reviews and searching to learn new things. Everyone who i've met who knew anything about sound systems, headphones, etc. i would bombard with questions.

I obviously needed to listen to the phones everyone was talking about and reviewing and comparing. I was going to get the ATH m50s but i couldnt find them here in canada to listen to in a store. So today i went to the only store in my city that sells quality headphones and for the first time i'd say in my life i've heard quality sound. I came back home with the sennheiser hd518 and the hd280 so i could try them out and return the one i didnt want. However i found on ebay the HD558 and i placed a  bid on them hopefully i'll win that auction adn keep those headphones because i preferred that sound but they were too expensive in the store.

Anyway this introduction is taking a bit so i'll end of by saying that I really like this community and the people who share this interest. And i dont know what it is but after hearing 'quality' like i havent heard before im shocked when i listen to previous audio equipment that i regarded as 'good'. I cant wait to listen to higher quality and perfect the sound that i can get from my equipment. Truly an amazing hobby that I never knew interested me.

Hope to get to know the community better

Jun 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 5
I was on the search for good sound quality (headphones) thats why i joined. Welcome here!! sorry about your wallet! 

Jun 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Headphones are wonderful. Be careful of long exposure and don't over do the high volume. Protect your ears. Remember that music is most important, not gear although the nerdy fun of it is a guilty pleasure. Enjoy the music performances most of all.  Even a cheap headphone that is less than $100 can be really all you need in life. Be careful of the addiction of this hobby. It can ruin you. However....i am loving it. Yeah baby.

Jul 1, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #4 of 5
I know music is the most important thing, obviously thats why you get the gear. But it was so weird buying these new headphones and then listening to the music that i'd heard before and hearing it sound so much better then before. So i definitely want to buy new and better gear but with no rush, its a hobby it should be a fun thing to do :p

Jul 2, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 5
Welcome!  There is a wealth of information here and many knowledgeable and helpful members.  Enjoy your stay and hope it's a long one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back