Hi! (new member introduction)
Aug 30, 2007 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

jersey_emt

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Justin and I live in central New Jersey and work as a database administrator and web developer in NYC. I just registered for an account here at Head-Fi. I currently own a set of Shure E2's and Audio-Technica ATH-D40's. I have a TrekStor Vibez (12GB) for my portable player, and my home setup consists of a MacBook, an Edirol FA-66 audio interface, and a set of KRK Rockit5 nearfield monitors.

My E2's have developed cracks in the cable where it wraps around your ears; from what I have read here it is a common problem. I was dead-set on getting a pair of SE310's, but saw a set of E500's on sale here (from enzoferarri650) for an excellent price. They were more than I was planning to spend ($200), but it was a deal that I just couldn't pass up.

I will also be purchasing either a set of Grado SR-60's, SR-80's, or Sennheiser HD280's, as I am having problems with my ATH-D40's -- one channel has a loose connection or something. Haven't decided on which full-size headphones I will end up buying, so I am looking forward to reading people's opinions here. A small and portable headphone amp is the next purchase down the road as well. Leaning towards the Meier Corda Move or perhaps the Headroom Total Bithead.

I don't consider myself an audiophile (yet), but do greatly enjoy and appreciate high-quality sound reproduction!

I am greatly looking forward to learning as much as I can and getting honest opinions about audio gear here on Head-Fi!

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 22
Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 22
Justin, welcome to Head-Fi!
You find lots of knowledgeable and friendly people around here...

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #12 of 22
Welcome to Head-Fi, when you pass Go do not collect $200.

Keep an eye out for local meets - we would love to have you. Unless you're my cousin, in which case I want my GI Joes back.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet
very_evil_smiley.gif

x2. a great community of people here. try to contribute through posting (hopefully helpful ones). it will make your stay here more enjoyable.
cool.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Head-Fi, when you pass Go do not collect $200.

No you pay 200.

Welcome, this is a great community, even though it is a money sucker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back