Hi Need some Help / Advice...
May 7, 2014 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TooPoorForHiFi

Previously known as MidNighTempest
I'm new to this whole Audio thing so I'm wondering what would be the ideal path to improve the overall sound quality of my Headphone. I have an AKG K545 that I mainly use w/ my Computer. Would getting a Headphone AMP/one of those FiiO improve the sound quality of my headphone? or a PC Sound Card? I'm pretty clueless. The headphone is mainly use for PC music and stuff. I'm looking to spend around $100

May 7, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 4
Hello,

Yeap, definitely consider an upgrade from your PC dac/amp. For your budget, the only choice you can look into E07K if you have plan to use with your phone as amplifier or the E10 as just for PC 

Hope it helps
Billson :)

May 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 4
Do you imagine that you will want to record on your PC? If so, you might be better off with a decent soundcard. I got an M-Audio Audiophile over 10 years ago and it still sounds great. I looked into updating it but it just seems like spending money for the sake of it, now I have the Fiio X3 for listening as well!

If not, then a E07K or E17 will be a giant improvement over the bog standard sound of a factory PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back