Hi i'm new user i need recommendation about earphone and music
Feb 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

an0773

New Head-Fier
First i'm foreigner so i'm not good at english sorry
1. i have about 700$, i often listen acoustic music(ed sheeran,damien rice...) Which earphone will be the good for me?
2. i want to know the musician like damien rice
3. ak100(1 generation) or dx90 or g3+portable dac(recommend please) which one will be the best?
Thank you and i'm sorry about my english

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 9
Do you plan to use these in public? Or in private? Open headphones provide an excellent soundstage which can enhance the listening experience and could be a good choice. But they leak sound and are best used at home.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #3 of 9
For acoustics you can go with Sennheiser, Grado or Hifiman. What do you mean with you want to know the musician damien rice ? For a DAC i wouldn't go with a smartphone like the G3 it's way to expensive solely looking for music quality, if you are looking for a budget friendly solution go with a Dx90 or Fiio X3,X5

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 9
Do you plan to use these in public? Or in private? Open headphones provide an excellent soundstage which can enhance the listening experience and could be a good choice. But they leak sound and are best used at home.

I will use it private but i need earphone because i stay in dormitory

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #7 of 9
I agree. DX90 or FiiO X5 is a nice solution without breaking the bank. Then open headphones could be a good choice. Check out this battle of the flagships: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13

Note that some of those headphones would perform best if coupled with a desktop headphone amp with the X5 or DX90. Or alternatively, instead of a DAP, you could get an external DAC/headphone amp to plug up to your computer.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #9 of 9
I agree. DX90 or FiiO X5 is a nice solution without breaking the bank. Then open headphones could be a good choice. Check out this battle of the flagships: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13

Note that some of those headphones would perform best if coupled with a desktop headphone amp with the X5 or DX90. Or alternatively, instead of a DAP, you could get an external DAC/headphone amp to plug up to your computer.

thank you for helping me thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back