hi im new and i need recommendation
Aug 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:
Hi,

Actually the S4 (4.11) supports USB OTG but even then you should be able to connect the E11 to the audio jack instead. Also check out Fiio E07k and E17, they both are DAC/AMP and can use with the computer also. I wanted to get the E11 earlier now I'm thinking of getting the E07K.

Thank you so much for the reply how much are for the E07K is it very bulky when you carried it around but my budget is 50$ for a amplifier i dont know if it will go over the budget.
 :)
but  what the difference between e07k and e11 ?

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #17 of 35
Thank you so much for the reply how much are for the E07K is it very bulky when you carried it around but my budget is 50$ for a amplifier i dont know if it will go over the budget.
 :)
but  what the difference between e07k and e11 ?

To my knowledge, the E11 have better amp but the E07K offer an extra DAC. The E7 sound similar to E6 when it comes to amp probably better now with the E07K? But definitely won't beat the E11

Billson :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:
To my knowledge, the E11 have better amp but the E07K offer an extra DAC. The E7 sound similar to E6 when it comes to amp probably better now with the E07K? But definitely won't beat the E11

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Love your signiture :D 

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:
Indeed chances are the on board DAC on the S4 isn't going to sound to nice e07k would be a not worthy upgrade 

Hi,

Could you explain what you means? thanks

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:
Hi,

Could you explain what you mean? thanks

Phones are devices that do it all,  so thier on board DACs are not as good as say an iBasso DX 50 or a Fiio X3, which are made to sound good

That being said, a Fiio e07k would be a note worth upgrade [I guess forgetting the E in note gives it an oppisite meaning xD] 

A e07k would improve the sound of most phones. I don't know much about phones but I've yet to hear one that sounded as good, stock iPods sound better 

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #21 of 35
The E07k is about the same size as the e11, I can get it for about $20 more(in my country) than the e11 and it has both DAC/AMP combo instead of e11 AMP only. The AMP functionality of the E11 might be better but you can use both the E07k/E17 as an external AMP/DAC combo for your laptop or tablets or other audio devices to sound better, at least that is to my understanding so far.

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #22 of 35
I can't agree more, I can't get my GS3 to have any good SQ no matter what I've tried so far.

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:
I can't agree more, I can't get my GS3 to have any good SQ no matter what I've tried so far.

yeap, your gonna want a dac for it :D 

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #25 of 35
Quote:
Thanks xD

Dear OP, if your phone allows you to bypass it's internal DAC as well as AMP, no doubt to for the FiiO E07K or even the FiiO E10 if the phone allows you to work with it!

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

+1 

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #26 of 35
One cool thing about Samsung Galaxy devices is they support FLAC natively. My old Galaxy S II was ahead of its time in that regard. A good set of cans with lossy files may only reveal problems inherent in lossy sources so that's something to keep in mind.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #27 of 35
Whats the price for the a900x but as i have sen the long cable is annoying likeyou said i walk to college everyday with that will be alittle bit harder towalk is there a way i can may it shorter ?

If you are planning on wearing these walking around campus, are you sure you don't want a headphone that's more portable? The DT770s certainly sound nice, but they are fairly big and bulky to carry around in a backpack. Consider the V-Moda M80s. They are smaller and also fold up very nicely, and they are well known for having good bass output. They are also easy to drive straight out of a phone; you might not even need an amp.

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:
If you are planning on wearing these walking around campus, are you sure you don't want a headphone that's more portable? The DT770s certainly sound nice, but they are fairly big and bulky to carry around in a backpack. Consider the V-Moda M80s. They are smaller and also fold up very nicely, and they are well known for having good bass output. They are also easy to drive straight out of a phone; you might not even need an amp.

a900x does not need an amp either, although it will not Fold as nicely. Still the a900x will have a more balanced sound over the V-Moda 80s. Not to mention it's a little cheaper. Still the v Modas are much smaller and easier to carry [but ofc I carry around giant bags with me every where so I prefer full size cans for my portables xD] 

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #29 of 35
a900x does not need an amp either, although it will not Fold as nicely. Still the a900x will have a more balanced sound over the V-Moda 80s. Not to mention it's a little cheaper. Still the v Modas are much smaller and easier to carry [but ofc I carry around giant bags with me every where so I prefer full size cans for my portables xD] 

Yeah, but the A900X would be horrible to carry around in a backpack. Definitely need a good case so that the wing system doesn't get damaged, and it would be big and bulky. I'd rather carry around the DT770s. :)

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #30 of 35
Thank you so mcuh Everyone i really appreciate for helping me out today i bought a refurbished ipod 160 gb from gamestop

I might get either a a900x or  dt 770 80ohms now

is it true that dt 770 is only good for electronic music not all type of music what about rock and metal ??

But some people say that using a900x has a good bass to and overall good sound?

WHat is better then  

i only found a place to try the dt 770 i m going to try in on saturday but the a900x i cant find a place to try in chicag

please help me out 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back