hi im new and i need recommendation
Aug 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Jacobs

New Head-Fier
hi im jacobd im a new member i heard this board is a very good board for helping for recommondation for headphone and music gadgets
please recommend mee agood bass headphone  with an amp
i like a good  bass but now overpowering so i would like a good earphone with good bass to listen to metal and rock mostly budget around 200 $ for ear phone and 50 $ for an amplifier

Thank you very much

Jacobs :D

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 35
Hello!

I recommend you to look into:
Ultimate Ears UE4000 (on ear)
Sennheiser HD439 (over ear)

For your price range, FiiO amp will work great!

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 35
Quote:
Hello!

I recommend you to look into:
Ultimate Ears UE4000 (on ear)
Sennheiser HD439 (over ear)

For your price range, FiiO amp will work great!

Hope it helps!
Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you Bill for the reply
Billson  what kind of fiio amp would you recommend if  im using my phone as a  souce to play my music i have an Galaxy S4 Will it work if i get an E11 but the connector from the amp and the phone i dont know hat use since they the L plug is to big for my phone

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 35
Bill son  what kind of fiio amp would you recommend if  im using my phone as a  souce to play my music i have an Galaxy S4 Will it work if i get an E11 but the connector from the amp and the phone i dont know hat use since they the L plug is to big for my phone

The FiiO E11 is a good one for portable use but I am not sure about android smartphone. For iPhone there's no need of connecting the 3.5mm jack from your iOS device to the amp to avoid double amping, there's a special LOD cable for it

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #6 of 35
Quote:
The FiiO E11 is a good one for portable use but I am not sure about android smartphone. For iPhone there's no need of connecting the 3.5mm jack from your iOS device to the amp to avoid double amping, there's a special LOD cable for it

Hope it helps!
Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

indeed, I'm not farillar with Andriod Phones either, although I hear the Samsung Galaxys are able to be used with a USB Dac? maybe I don't know 

but the E11 would work very well, as would a big pocket to hold it all in,

there's also the Akg k550, I find it to be a great all around headphone, and with a Fiio E11 if the bass is lacking the amp will bump it up plenty! 

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #7 of 35
Thank you for the reply  

what is a usb dac? or if  iam having issue should i buy a ipod classic as my player to cut the problem.? or if the s4 can use with the e11 but i not sure what connecter to use becuase fiio only has the iphone one
is the AKG 440 samw as the beyer dynamic 770?

Thankyou so much

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:
Thank you for the reply  

what is a usb dac? or if  iam having issue should i buy a ipod classic as my player to cut the problem.? or if the s4 can use with the e11 but i not sure what connecter to use becuase fiio only has the iphone one
is the AKG 440 samw as the beyer dynamic 770?

Thankyou so much

Honestly I don't like using Phones for DAPs, I drop my phone like no body's buisness xD [thank gawd it still works] so am iPod + a LOD cable with ur E11 would be a simple answer to that. 

I have no idea on the AKG k440 an Beyer 770 

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #9 of 35
Quote:
Honestly I don't like using Phones for DAPs, I drop my phone like no body's buisness xD [thank gawd it still works] so am iPod + a LOD cable with ur E11 would be a simple answer to that. 

I have no idea on the AKG k440 an Beyer 770 

OH I mistype its the AKG550 they you were suggesting about compared to beyer dynamic 770

Thank you so  iwould think i should grab an ipod then definitely getting  a refurbished one.

Usually does an ipod nano can  it power the amplifier or ipod classic is better i have know idea about this 
Thank you so much sir

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #10 of 35
Quote:
OH I mistype its the AKG550 they you were suggesting about compared to beyer dynamic 770

Thank you so  iwould think i should grab an ipod then definitely getting  a refurbished one.

Usually does an ipod nano can  it power the amplifier or ipod classic is better i have know idea about this 
Thank you so much sir

I've not heard the Dt 770 b4 so I don't know yet there's so much variance amoungs't the Ohm variations. Still the Dt 770 does not suffer from any Fit and seal issues,. If you can get a return try them both 

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #11 of 35
Quote:
I've not heard the Dt 770 b4 so I don't know yet there's so much variance amoungs't the Ohm variations. Still the Dt 770 does not suffer from any Fit and seal issues,. If you can get a return try them both 

is it the lower the ohm the better becuase i was looking in to two headphone now akg 550 that you meantion and the 80 ohm of dt 770 

Im live in chicago thought do you know any place that i can try them i went to chicago music exchange they dont have it and i went to best buy no clue either 

Thank you So much Mshenay 

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #12 of 35
Quote:
is it the lower the ohm the better becuase i was looking in to two headphone now akg 550 that you meantion and the 80 ohm of dt 770 

Im live in chicago thought do you know any place that i can try them i went to chicago music exchange they dont have it and i went to best buy no clue either 

Thank you So much Mshenay 

Best Buy actually sells the K550 in thier "Magnolia'' centers, I would think there is at least one within your area that would work, the Ath a900x is also a simmilar option, and at 40ohms it's easier to drive. although the wing system is not the best for walking around with, in addition if he REALLY likes them and the cable is not long enough you can get them recabled for maybe as cheap as $70 dollars, I know long cables can be burdensome but honestly I have a few 3m cable cans. I just run them into 7 inch loops, and then rubber band them, the big loops mean there's less tress on the cable if any at all. I'll show u a pic if u'd like 

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #13 of 35
Hi,

Actually the S4 (4.11) supports USB OTG but even then you should be able to connect the E11 to the audio jack instead. Also check out Fiio E07k and E17, they both are DAC/AMP and can use with the computer also. I wanted to get the E11 earlier now I'm thinking of getting the E07K.

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:
Hi,

Actually the S4 (4.11) supports USB OTG but even then you should be able to connect the E11 to the audio jack instead. Also check out Fiio E07k and E17, they both are DAC/AMP and can use with the computer also. I wanted to get the E11 earlier now I'm thinking of getting the E07K.

Indeed chances are the on board DAC on the S4 isn't going to sound to nice e07k would be a not worthy upgrade 

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:
Best Buy actually sells the K550 in thier "Magnolia'' centers, I would think there is at least one within your area that would work, the Ath a900x is also a simmilar option, and at 40ohms it's easier to drive. although the wing system is not the best for walking around with, in addition if he REALLY likes them and the cable is not long enough you can get them recabled for maybe as cheap as $70 dollars, I know long cables can be burdensome but honestly I have a few 3m cable cans. I just run them into 7 inch loops, and then rubber band them, the big loops mean there's less tress on the cable if any at all. I'll show u a pic if u'd like 

Whats the price for the a900x but as i have sen the long cable is annoying likeyou said i walk to college everyday with that will be alittle bit harder towalk is there a way i can may it shorter ?
Please i would love to see the Picture that will be very kind of you
Thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back