Hi I'm looking for a over the ear headphone under 200 dollars?
Jun 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TsKen

100+ Head-Fier
Hi I've recently owned Audio Technica M50, Creative Aurvana,Sony V-6 and panasonic 600 in the past. Comfort is a great issue for me since what's the point of a headphone if u can't wear them?

Recently though I tried out the creative aurvana headphones since it had great comfort. Maybe its the sound signature but I got tired or felt uncomfortable when using creative aurvana live. Also it just didn't have enough bass to it compared to the M50 and the Sony V-6.

I know many people say the M50s are overrated and since they are too uncomfortable for me as well, I am wondering if you guys have any suggestions for a replacement headphone?

I looked at the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 ohms and I see a lot of people suggesting that it's better than M50 and that it has incredible comfort.

What do you guys suggest?

THANKS I APPRECIATE IT!!

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 8
Hello!

You will need a big boys amp to drive the DT770 250Ohm version. Other choices available are UE6000. If have everything you need and pretty much a full upgrade from ATH-M50. You do not need a battery to play music unless you wanted the Actice NC.

Hope this helps!
Billson :)

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Hello!

You will need a big boys amp to drive the DT770 250Ohm version. Other choices available are UE6000. If have everything you need and pretty much a full upgrade from ATH-M50. You do not need a battery to play music unless you wanted the Actice NC.

Hope this helps!
Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Definitely helped! :)

What did you mean by big boy amps though? Because currently i'm using a E6 and if that isn't adequate I don't mind upgrading to meet the requirements

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 8
Digbuy is currently selling the Audio Technica ATH-A900X (closed) headphones for $154.99, plus tax & shipping.

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Ah I see so a E6 probably won't work... hmm I just ordered the Beyerdynamic 770 DT 250 Ohms and it'll arrive tommorow...

i'll try and pair it up with my E6 and see what happens :wink:

thanks for the replies!

The Fiio E6 can drive the 250-Ohm Beyers, not sure how long the battery charge will last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back