Hi. Im also New. Help me please? CMoy kit distributors welcome.
Apr 19, 2008 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

qspeedss

Banned
Hi. Im interested in DIY cables and amps.
I was wondering how hard it is to make a LOD cable. I know for the amps, the cmoy is the primary beginners step. Then after that going up to mini3 or something like that. Is it simular with cables?
My ultimate goals are to be able to make a good amp. Then later i would like to be able to make a LOD cable.

note: All of you guys who are CMoy kit distributors, if you could kindly post a link to your main threads, that would be great. Also, anyone who has great links to website who distributes tools or stuff needed to make a cmoy, please post the links here. thanks

i have read audiologica's guide for the basics. I really want to get on the road and make my first cmoy.

Apr 19, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #2 of 3
Imo, with the exception of the SO8 chip soldering, the mini3 is easier than a cmoy. Just match up the parts, with the letters on the pcb, and you're good to go. Although if you've never soldered before, it might be worthwhile practicing a bit on a cheap $2 breadboard, instead of starting off on a $60 mini3 circuit.
I don't know any for cmoys, but glass jar audio has a few kits that are well-priced. As for individual components, look at mouser or digikey.

Apr 19, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Try JDS Labs I've built a couple and they sound very good. The parts are easy to source and it's a relatively easy build for a beginner. All through hole - no SMD, socketed op amp, bass boost feature, and very reasonable cost. Also, John is a great guy to deal with.

I haven't personally built one, but forum member Joshatdot has PCB's available for his. Check 'em out.

Good luck!! This hobby is addictive. There is a profound reason why you see the phrase "Sorry about your Wallet".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back