hi, i have a samsung Note 3 and i need help finding a mod/app to improve audio
Sep 12, 2014 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

SneglenAsger

New Head-Fier
i have owned a part of sennheiser IE80 about 3 months now and my main source of music is spotify premium on my note 3. i know that spotify isn’t at super hi-res source but the practicality and price far outweighs buying song i high end quality.

back to the point, i also listen to music for my macbook and i can hear a clear difference from my phone. the most notable differences is the bass, it deeper at far more punchy and tight but the hole spectrum is generally more enjoyable. i purchased these IEM i part for their mobility.

i mainly listen to rock and metal, that is any help.

is there any mod/app for the Samsung Note 3 that improves the audio?

any responses is much appreciated

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 21
I noticed the same thing  between iPhone 5 and my Macbook.  I think it is the quality of the phone's built in DAC (Digital to analog converter).  My Kindle Fire HDX sound much better than my iPhone using Spotify.  It is basically because phones are cheaper than Macs.  You will need a mobile DAC, but I don't know a lot about those.

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 21
The amp probably has a high output impedance

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #10 of 21
  kraken2109 Even with my Mk little dot 2 my phone sound worse.

Did you turn the phone volume up high? What do you mean by worse? Most modern phones sound pretty good.

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #14 of 21
Have you tried the Neutron or PowerAmp music players for Android. They aren't going to improve the quality of the DAC output on your phone, but they do have EQ that would allow you to tweak the sound of your headphones more to your liking.

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #15 of 21
  kraken2109 I mean compared to my Macbook. My phone doesn't sound bad just bad compared to laptop.

Yes, but what do you mean by worse?
Hiss/noise, unbalanced frequency response, etc ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back