Hi Head-Fi! Here's my wallet!
Apr 5, 2011 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hebrewbacon

New Head-Fier
I'm a relative newbie, registered since the end of 2008 but just starting to get involved. After the New York Meetup in mid-March, I was pretty wowed by how good some of these headphones sounded, and now I'm buying my first STAX (Lambda Pro's). I'm looking into DAC's and thinking about a uDAC-2. Any suggestions or just welcome notes are appreciated!

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 5
Looks like you already know about the Head-Fi welcoming mantra, makes it easier for us...

You may as well buy JH13s and the SR007 now, it'll save you the trouble of reselling stuff and wasting your time on Head-Fi listening to people about what they think sounds better
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #3 of 5
Besides the fact that the meets always seem to be scheduled when I am busy, this is another reason I have avoided them. I really wanted to attend the NY meet, but I have never heard any really high quality setups and I know I will regret it when I do. I will become an all consumed headphone buying machine. My wallet (and girlfriend) might not like that too much.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Looks like you already know about the Head-Fi welcoming mantra, makes it easier for us...

You may as well buy JH13s and the SR007 now, it'll save you the trouble of reselling stuff and wasting your time on Head-Fi listening to people about what they think sounds better
tongue.gif

Sounds like a great advice... I should have done that years ago (except the JH13 weren't around back then)... Given a second thought I would probably have sold it and tried something else along the way no matter what I had started with 
confused_face.gif

Apr 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #5 of 5
Ah I'm scared. Well I bought a uDAC-2, and I'll probably hold onto it while I enter the wild world of consulting and, by design, insane business travel. But boy, STAX sound too good to pass up. Time to throw down like $800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back