Hi guys. New member looking for headphone advice here :)
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NitioWO

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm NitioWO

I live in Singapore and I love music and a good set of headphones, but I'm definitely no Audiophile. I was thinking maybe you guys could help me and a few of my friends out by suggesting good sounding headphones from a few different price ranges.

The headphones gotta meet these criteria:

1) They have to be comfortable. This is most important. I have to be able to wear it for long stretches :)
2) They have to be over-the-ear, not on-the-ear
3) They have to be durable. I'm not saying they ought to survive a smash from a sledgehammer but yeah they have to be able to withstand wear and tear.
4) They gotta have good sound quality. It doesn't have to be exceptional or anything, but it's gotta sound good.\
5) They have to be portable, but not necessarily compact. A carrying case should suffice.

Could you please give me a few good headphones in these each of these price ranges:

0-40 USD
40-80 USD
80-120 USD
120-240 USD
240-480 USD
480+ USD 

The reason for the odd price ranges is due to the fact that I live in Singapore and the currency translates like this. And the reason I need suggestions in each of those price ranges is because my friends all have different budgets but basically the same taste in music.

I mostly listen to chill out music and variations of Dubstep. Occasionally I like to venture into Rock and Grunge Metal as well. I rarely listen to Pop music though.

I currently own Skullcandy Aviators, and Denon DN-HP700. I prefer to use my Skullcandies as they're so darn comfy to wear. I bought them before I realized that the entire Audiophile community hates Skullcandy 'cuz they don't put audio quality at the forefront, but I'm pretty happy I got them. I got both headphones for about 200 USD.

I know you guys are all gonna bash me up 'cuz I'm asking so much out of you in my first post, but I really am just a noob looking for advice.

Absolutely any feedback will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks a lot. Peace out.

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 6
The skullcandy aviators are said to be good.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 6
Their is a headphone buying guide sticky I believe, or well atleast their is a list found on this site if its technically a sticky I am not so sure. The guide places the headphones into price ranges which is what your looking for it sounds. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 6
Yes, I have tested the AT's XS5 X-street style headphones. They fell well within my own price range of 0-250 SGD but what turned me off was the behind-the-neck band. I've also tested the ATH-M50, but I didn't get to spend much time with them, which is why I didn't get them. I regret that now though. I've also tested some Klipsch, Shure, and Harman/Kardon headphones but they either didn't impress me or fell outside my price range. Especially Klipsch. IDK why but they didn't impress me at all despite recommendations from many of my friends.

Could you link to the buying guide, please? 'Cuz I can't seem to find it.

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #6 of 6
Since your interested in Dubstep, Check out the Pioneer STEEZ 808 and Pioneer Dubstep headphones.. they are both on a affordable price range, ranging from $100 - $200... Depending on where you buy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back