Hi-Fi Tuning Fuse Quality Control
Jan 23, 2010 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

Seamaster

Headphoneus Supremus
I just bought 4 Hi-Fi tuning silver star fuses. Three out 4 arrived with cap not straight. Comepare to generic no brand name fuse, they seems careless about quality control!! Please note: Those fuses look even worse in person!!

The caps are all over the place! How about other brand you have tried?

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 67
Hello Griffin,

We buy all our HFT fuses from the North American importer/distributor.....

Can you send me a detailed digital picture (in focus) which shows this problem....perhaps, I can get two replacements for you, if you are concerned with sloppy manufacturing.

Let us know.

Sincerely,

Chris President

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 67
Robert (HFT Importer)...see link below....2 out of 4 HFT fuses received by this customer have severely crooked end caps.

How would you like to handle this?

Chris

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 67
Griffin...it's purely cosmetic....it will have no effect on sound (what you pay for is the material quality of the plating, end cap base metal, fuse element material, ceramic body, damping material, and cryogenic treatment.)...a fuse is not a visible item (It's not a faceplate or top cover).....however, if you are disturbed by the alignment, then I have no problem letting the importer decide if they will replace/exchange for you....

We want you to be satisfied.

Sincerely,

Chris , President

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #8 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what you pay for is the material quality of the plating, end cap base metal, fuse element material, ceramic body, damping material, and cryogenic treatment

...and not craftsmanship. Sheesh
rolleyes.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #10 of 67
Me:
Bro, you did say about the SQ, and never mentioned anything about built quality. Are your Furutech fuses fit and finish is same?

Big Poppa:
They are Rhodium plated and shine like a wedding ring. They are made very well. Very smooth sounding. If you want Neutral Iso-Clean is the choice.

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #11 of 67
Quote:

Griffin...it's purely cosmetic....... a fuse is not a visible item (It's not a faceplate or top cover).....

Chris , President

So all the parts in an amp are not visible also, which mean we all should make amps like SinglePower does?

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #12 of 67
Quote:

Griffin...it's purely cosmetic....it will have no effect on sound (what you pay for is the material quality of the plating, end cap base metal, fuse element material, ceramic body, damping material, and cryogenic treatment.)...a fuse is not a visible item (It's not a faceplate or top cover).....however, if you are disturbed by the alignment, then I have no problem letting the importer decide if they will replace/exchange for you....

We want you to be satisfied.

Sincerely,
Chris , President

"Purely cosmetic." He's got a point there. I mean some of the wickedest sounding NOS tubes I own, and for that matter, paid a pretty penny for, are crooked and lopsided and their bases aren't exactly scuff-free either; even new and right out of the box. But they sound incredible.

So ... do these ugly-duckling fuses sound great? If they do then I think just keeping them in their fuse drawer to work their magic is all you need to do. Then you can just kick back and enjoy your wonderful music being produced by your equally wonderful Woo.
atsmile.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 67
My WA22 is still at ModWright for recap and upgrade. As I don't want to even hear the old amp after been using WA22. So, I can't test them out how they sound right now.

I never seen that kind fit and finish in my life, even generic fuse I have seen are straight. have you?

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #14 of 67
Quote:

My WA22 is still at ModWright for recap and upgrade. As I don't want to even hear the old amp after been using WA22. So, I can't test them out how they sound right now.

At least you have your Melody M88 balanced KT88 Mono Blocks to fall back on. Those must pump out great music as well.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back