Hi Everyone, just joined the Forum
Dec 12, 2022 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

It Hz

Head-Fier
Just joined the forum

When I was younger I was real big into stereo equipment and use to build my own speakers when I was a teenager. Later on when I had more money I upgraded my system to a full Yamaha stack with an A1000 integrated amp, EQ, tuner and CD player with a pair of Bose 701 (I hated the sound of the 901) but was looking at a pair of Polk's

Since moving to Los Angeles, I discovered you really can't play a stereo without pissing-off everyone in the neighborhood, so the system has been in storage ever since which is a shame

Well now I'm building a new computer rig from scratch which is a full-size tower, custom made chassis made from T-slot aluminum extrusion and aluminum sheet metal and everything inside it is water cooled. Inside there is a Gigabyte Z690 Extreme Waterforce motherboard that was stupid expensive, an Intel 13900K CPU, (2) Samsung 990 Pro 2.0 SSD's, 32 Gig's worth of Hynex A-die DDR5 memory, a Corsair AX1600i PSU and a Nvidia RTX4090 graphic card (when I can find one that's in stock due to all the scalper scoffing them all-up and selling them for 2x MSRP) and an LG 32GQ950 32" 4K monitor.

I am an Electro-mechanical design engineer and have a lot of experience packaging electronics most of which is pretty "high-end" stiff

Since I do all my music listening on my computer I decided to upgrade and install a DAC headphone amp which will be housed in the chassis as I want to minimize any clutter on my desk.

I'll post a new thread on what my plans are for my audio equipment which is going to be a massive upgrade to what I have right now.

Thanks for reading my post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back